Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Most Missing THAT YOU TRYING TO FILL? ...HOW ARE YOU TRYING TO FILL IT?

I'm missing my DH. There's a hole in my heart, an empty space in my life, and it will never be filled. What I'm doing about it? So many dear posting friends here offered a wealth of good advice as did my family and friends. I'm trying to take the advice, apply it to one moment at a time. I'm learning the Seussian principle: "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Most Missing THAT YOU TRYING TO FILL? ...HOW ARE YOU TRYING TO FILL IT?

I don't find anything missing that I am trying to fill. Was a top conditioned athlete for decades and can no longer say the same. What I am now could be better, but I am not one that dwells on "used to be's" in comparison with the present time.

Have always and will always work on being the best I can with what I have to work with, but not for "filling any void". I prefer to think of it as living my life the best way I can and being happy and content with where I am.

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

On 2/5/2014 2cutetwinss said:

Energy..have had a horrible year..Lost my sister..brother..brother in law and my 2 best friends in the world..Just very hard to try and rid myself of depression and find hope again..{#emotions_dlg.sad}

My goodness 2cutetwinss. So very sorry. I truly pray you do find hope again, and you will. Give yourself time. Even the worst of storms end at some point. I hope you see some bluer skies soon.

Frequent Contributor

Most people need to replace their ""wishbone"" with a ""backbone"". It could always be worse!

Honored Contributor

OP- the best and only way I am aware of to get energy back is to get up and get moving. The mor you exercise the easier it gets and the rest of your life will greatly improve too as you will have the energy to go places and do things again.When I was in a wheelchair for 4 months following ankle surgery the rehab doctor told me for every min you spent sitting in that chair you will require 3 min of rehab. Think about it,
Super Contributor

On 2/6/2014 Lagan said:

Most people need to replace their "wishbone" with a "backbone". It could always be worse!

Not for some people. One person's tragedy might be seen as "it could be worse" but when one is going through a hard time, that isn't going to make it seem less hurtful.

jmoymmv

Honored Contributor

There are many days I wish I were as strong as I used to be. Just can't seem to lift anything heavy any more. But, have been told that is a part of getting old. I remember how easy it used to be for me to carry a 20 lb. of cat litter up to the 2nd floor. Now, I purchase the smaller bags so that I can carry them into my apartment which is now on the first floor. Store the extra bags in the trunk of my car. There are lots of days when I am shaky on my feet, and have to be very careful when I am outside on unfamiliar ground. I do use a cane now, and that helps.

Honored Contributor

dBd......there are so many days I think of you and want you to know I think you have made great strides in this difficult time you are going through......

Respected Contributor

On 2/6/2014 Lagan said:

Most people need to replace their ""wishbone"" with a ""backbone"". It could always be worse!

The situation I'm in at this point in my life.....these words are gonna be my mantra! LoL
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Trusted Contributor

On 2/6/2014 dooBdoo said:

I'm missing my DH. There's a hole in my heart, an empty space in my life, and it will never be filled. What I'm doing about it? So many dear posting friends here offered a wealth of good advice as did my family and friends. I'm trying to take the advice, apply it to one moment at a time. I'm learning the Seussian principle: "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

Oh, dooBdoo-

I am so sorry for your loss. I do know one thing -- you add a lot to these posts. I am sending warm wishes to you, dooBdoo.

-Solar Kiss