Contributor

Re: What Is Most Missing THAT YOU TRYING TO FILL? ...HOW ARE YOU TRYING TO FILL IT?

As many of you already know I was married 43 yrs and my husband has been dead 4 years. He was my best friend and we did everything together.

I have made friends and have joined the senior center and go to events and other things to stay busy and I do some charity work, but at the end of the day I come home to an empty apartment. I am lonely for my husband. There is a sadness that will never go away. There is not any family on both sides still alive, so that makes it hard, no grandchildren either. I guess I get up each day and I am pleased to see the sun and all the beauty around and I find something good about each day I am here on earth, but I long for the day when I will see my husband again and all my loved ones. I try to smile as much as possible, but that smile doesn't quite reach my soul and I know that alot of you know what I mean. Best to all of you and whatever losses of any type you are facing. It takes courage to live each day. I wish all of you the joy you deserve.

Trusted Contributor

Re: What Is Most Missing THAT YOU TRYING TO FILL? ...HOW ARE YOU TRYING TO FILL IT?

On 2/5/2014 2cutetwinss said:

Energy..have had a horrible year..Lost my sister..brother..brother in law and my 2 best friends in the world..Just very hard to try and rid myself of depression and find hope again..{#emotions_dlg.sad}

So sorry.

But I totally understand about the energy.

There is so much I want to do, but I cannot physically do them any more. Cleaning is a major chore for me..pardon the pun, my husband and I were just talking this morning about finding a cleaning service. I can't garden like I used to...cooking has become a problem as well.

I just want my energy back too.