Respected Contributor

Re: ~~ Wearing Perfume on Airplanes ~~

On 6/20/2014 dex said: I think I am very considerate as I don't expect others to change their ways for me...I adapt to the situation by being prepared to handle my own problems.If I have a problem I have never felt that it was other peoples responsibility.

BRAVO .....................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

On 6/20/2014 dex said: I think I am very considerate as I don't expect others to change their ways for me...I adapt to the situation by being prepared to handle my own problems.If I have a problem I have never felt that it was other peoples responsibility.
It is not considerate of you to think your right to contaminate the air of someone with a breathing problem trumps their right to breathe.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Try walking into a dept store in Palm Springs. It will be populated with over 65 female shoppers with their toy breed dog in their oversized purse and wearing enough perfume to choke an elephant.

Honored Contributor

If you drive a car or use pesticides in your yard or have carpets,paint,plastic,makeup,shampoo or even chlorinated water in your home then you are contributing to toxins in your own environment.
Honored Contributor

On 6/20/2014 dex said: If you drive a car or use pesticides in your yard or have carpets,paint,plastic,makeup,shampoo or even chlorinated water in your home then you are contributing to toxins in your own environment.

People with serious breathing issues know exactly what they can and cannot have in their home. Not all of what you listed contributes to breathing problems.

My point was that knowingly putting someone else in danger of triggering an asthmatic reaction is not the behavior of a considerate person. I am sure you are a lovely person, however you are not considerate when you easily brush off another person's struggle to breathe.

Honored Contributor

For some reason, not yet proven, certain illnesses have increased alarmingly in America. That includes asthma and allergy reactions. When my daughter was in high school, every lunch hour meant numerous kids gathering at a certain area in the yard to bring out their inhalers and albuterol.

I love perfume. I get the roll-on kind at Christmas to wear on some occasions, but I have cut back my use dramatically because of others. Too many have serious reactions to chemicals.

Be glad you're not asthmatic, and hope your children or grandchildren won't be one of them.

Honored Contributor

I am chemical sensitive and I don't tolerate many scents but I understand that others live differently so I try to avoid what I can and tolerate the rest.I don't have a breathing problem but I do get nauseated and have vomited from some scents.
Respected Contributor

On 6/20/2014 dex said: I am chemical sensitive and I don't tolerate many scents but I understand that others live differently so I try to avoid what I can and tolerate the rest.I don't have a breathing problem but I do get nauseated and have vomited from some scents.

dex..............I haven't a clue who you are.......that is to say, I'm not familiar with your nick........but...........you're the most level headed person I have had the pleasure to run into on this site..............................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

Thanks Raven...I do try.Nice to chat with you.