Super Contributor

Re: We knew this was around the corner....

I've had a black and white kitchen with red small appliances and accents since the 90's. i'm just replacing old appliances. With the exception of my black pebbled leather surface refrigerator, all my other appliances now are all stainless steel. My sink is black, my countertaps gray,black and white, and my floor gray. You might know I'd get stainless just as the trend is fading. Oh well, I kind of like it with the rest of the kitchen.

Super Contributor

On 1/17/2014 Lila Belle said:
On 1/17/2014 shesallthat said:

whirlpool started promoting this line late last year saying that SS was on the way out. i've seen it and i don't like white appliances no matter what.

I'm with you. White and black appliances aren't to my taste.

But this is an option for those who don't like stainless.

i did NOT say black!!

i LOOOVE my gorgeous black shiny appliances!!! i drive my guys crazy trying to keep them spotless - i love walking into my kitchen seeing them all clean and shiny. when we needed a new stove and dishwasher last year i simply upgraded to better black appliances!

Honored Contributor

I heard a few years ago that Copper would be the new Stainless. Guess they were wrong about that!

Respected Contributor

I like white appliances (which is why I have them, lol)

The "new" white is nice, kind of a pearlized white.

Super Contributor

On 1/17/2014 Topaz Gem said:

I really like it. I've never been crazy about all stainless, due to the cold appearance and the difficulty cleaning the fingerprints. I think it's definitely an improvement and will fit in well with stainless kitchens.

ITA, Topaz. I have never really cared for stainless in my kitchen. It looks too industrial or something. I think it looks better in restaurant kitchen, and not in a home setting.

Regular Contributor

I liked the comment. Stop focusing on the outside and put some quality back on the inside.

Honored Contributor

On 1/17/2014 toodles11 said:

I liked the comment. Stop focusing on the outside and put some quality back on the inside.

Me too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor

On 1/17/2014 toodles11 said:

That probably won't happen, toodles. They don't build anything like they used to. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Esteemed Contributor

Much better, stainless is horrible IMO. When we got all new appliances 4 years ago we picked almond (which is like a cream, not white) for our fridge and dishwasher. The stove is also almond but has a black oven door and black top (where they dials etc are). Everything is built into our cabinets. Also, I picked a white washer and dryer. White is cheaper in washer and dryers, and who goes in our laundry room? Us, so as long as they work that's all I cared about for the washer and dryer.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor

On 1/17/2014 Sushismom said:

In fact, the combination of a white finish, stainless handles and mirrored glass appear to have a lot in common with Apple's popular design language.

So, should we be referring to this as an i-Fridge?

Oh... Good one....