Honored Contributor

There are those who are all for restricting the rights of others never giving a thought to it happening to them, until it does. Many of us befriend our neighbors, our coworkers, perhaps accept an invitation to dinner, a party without doing a background check. If any of them turn out to be involved in terrorism,  we will find ourselves on The List.

Esteemed Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

As to domestic abusers, if they had a criminal record they would be denied a permit. As to lists, it's unconstitutional to deny rights to people who have no record, have done nothing wrong but have turned up on an arbitrary, subjective list perhaps because of whom they know, where they have traveled, or who their relatives happen to be.

@occasionalrain One might assume that but a few States don't believe this. 

You seem to not realize that the the US has a National instant background check system. It's not run or determined by the individual states, it's run by the federal government. Either you pass, or you don't. Concealed carry permits are granted by individual states though. 

@jaxs mom

You're kidding right?  What do you think the the families of mass shootings are fighting about?  There's so much wrong with your post that it makes my head ache.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@Lovethesea

Keep waiting Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

http://smartgunlaws.org/category/state-domestic-violence-and-guns/

In order for background checks to prevent abusers from obtaining guns, states must report abusers who fall within prohibited categories to the proper databases. Identifying the abusers to be reported involves a series of complex legal issues that many states have not yet addressed.  As a result, many states do not comprehensively enter domestic violence protective order and offender information into the proper databases.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

As to domestic abusers, if they had a criminal record they would be denied a permit. As to lists, it's unconstitutional to deny rights to people who have no record, have done nothing wrong but have turned up on an arbitrary, subjective list perhaps because of whom they know, where they have traveled, or who their relatives happen to be.

@occasionalrain One might assume that but a few States don't believe this. 

You seem to not realize that the the US has a National instant background check system. It's not run or determined by the individual states, it's run by the federal government. Either you pass, or you don't. Concealed carry permits are granted by individual states though. 

@jaxs mom

You're kidding right?  What do you think the the families of mass shootings are fighting about?  There's so much wrong with your post that it makes my head ache.

I have no idea what that has to do with my post, which was only about the fact that individual states do not control who can buy a gun, that is determined by the Feds. That's all I was saying. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Lovethesea

Keep waiting Woman Happy

So, you don't have sources!

Since I have no interest in chatting w/ anyone who has a lot to say but cannot/will not back it up w/ facts, you have taken up enough of my time.

Honored Contributor

One more thing I heard on the NewsRadio yesterday-- priority would be given to children and adults over 60 to come here under refugee status.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@Lovethesea wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Lovethesea

Keep waiting Woman Happy

Since I have no interest in chatting w/ anyone who has a lot to say but cannot/will not back it up w/ facts, you have taken up enough of my time.

Not MGM, but there are several sources out there that explain the vetting process for the US and how long it takes. Those same sources also say refugees from Syria will under go an even more refined process called the Syrian Enhanced Review Process. Minimum of 18-24 months waiting.

If anyone doesn't think any Syrian refugees won't be closely monitored before, during and after entry, well-

Honored Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

@Lovethesea wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Lovethesea

Keep waiting Woman Happy

Not MGM, but there are several sources out there that explain the vetting process for the US and how long it takes. Those same sources also say refugees from Syria will under go an even more refined process called the Syrian Enhanced Review Process. Minimum of 18-24 months waiting.

If anyone doesn't think any Syrian refugees won't be closely monitored before, during and after entry, well-

Watch the CNBC video:

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/11/17/how-americas-screening-of-syrian-refugees-works.html

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@Lovethesea wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Lovethesea

Keep waiting Woman Happy

@Lovethesea wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Lovethesea

Keep waiting Woman Happy

Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

You're too, too funny.

You want a source, try the President of the United States.  How about that? @Lovethesea Woman LOL