Honored Contributor

Re: Watch your credit card balance

[ Edited ]

Oh yeah, I forgot about HSN I'll have to tell them also

Have to sit down and make a list of folks I order from

I"m sure one of the MODS have already read this thread and blocked my account for the time being.

Esteemed Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I have to wait for the paperwork to arrive and tell them those are not my charges and wait for a new card and here at Xmas time !!! I'd like to thank that hacker.

What credit card company is this? I've had attempts to hack my AMEX cards in the past, and never had to wait for or fill out any kind of paperwork. I just reviewed the legitimate charges with them over the phone, and had a brand new card within 48 hours. 

--------------------

I was wondering the same thing.  I have had "hacking" issues like that with Amex and Visa.
     The charges were immediately returned to my account. I received a new card....no paperwork!!!

Honored Contributor

Mastercard thru Target REd Card

I just cancelled that card on HSN website. I order online at HSN, but, not at

QVC only by phone.

Respected Contributor

Sharke, if you charged something on Easy Pay with QVC you will need to contact QVC to give them another card to charge the rest of your installment payments.  If you don't, they will get crusty with you and threaten to freeze your account.

The banks have some great algorithims for spotting fraud.  They called/texted me one night asking if I had just purchased something at a 7/11 in a town about a half-hour away from me.  I did not, but never lost possession of my card and in fact had used it at a restaurant earlier that evening to pay for a carry out.  Somehow the bank knew it was fraud, yet when I travel several hours away to visit my son at school, they never question any of my charges in that town.  ???

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE  sorry for your troubles.  Hope Q pulls through without you! (wink).

Just yesterday I was called by a young girl who said, 'Hi, if you want a lower rate on your credit card press 2 now.'

Really?  No name, no Card name?  I just don't think so.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@SharkE

Yikes ... sorry 'bout that.  If the card is terminated, just use another card for the Q and you won't miss any "must haves"  ... lol ...

Honored Contributor

@SharkE

i got notification from my cc they declined 4 charges ($5-7) for Q (my ez pay).  ugh!!! (justnow)

Im calling now as I've been using this card for years!

thanks for the heads up!

Esteemed Contributor

"Now, I can't use my card to charge anything more from Q since they have cut it off andnow I'll have to wait for a reissue card and call QVC and give them the new information." ~ @sharke

Thanks for the heads up. I check my bank and credit cards balances at least once, sometimes more, every day. 

You probably already know this but you don't need to call customer service. Just click on "My Account" at the top of the page and under "Personal Information" click on "Payment Methods." You can add your new card's number in a matter of minutes...maybe seconds if you're quick, lol. Gotta get you back into shopping mode asap! Smiley Happy

For those who cards get declined--this sometimes happens when a new card is issued because the expiration date is nearing. Just sign into "My Account" as mentioned above and enter the new date. Even when your card has the same number the new expiration date has to entered or it will be declined. The security code changes too so if you had yours memorized you need to check for the new one. 

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

Sharke, if you charged something on Easy Pay with QVC you will need to contact QVC to give them another card to charge the rest of your installment payments.  If you don't, they will get crusty with you and threaten to freeze your account.

The banks have some great algorithims for spotting fraud.  They called/texted me one night asking if I had just purchased something at a 7/11 in a town about a half-hour away from me.  I did not, but never lost possession of my card and in fact had used it at a restaurant earlier that evening to pay for a carry out.  Somehow the bank knew it was fraud, yet when I travel several hours away to visit my son at school, they never question any of my charges in that town.  ???

Shoot, girl, never thought of that. My Isaac sweater on easy pay is on it's way, so, the charge went thru on the now cancelled card.

They shouldn't hit it for the 2nd easy pay payment till Dec. and I should have my new one by then and as soon as I get it I will call customer service at QVC and make sure they get it.

I don't want to pay interest. My husband would hit the roof if he ever knew I'd paid interest. We don't pay interest.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Better be checking tis the season as I just found out.

Received call from credit card company wanting to know if I charged

a meal of 130 bucks at Outback and 650 at online Nordstrums !!

I hollered **** No ! Then, they wanted to know if I charged something at Q and told me what it was and I said "yeah, now, anything from Q will be legit"

LOL

Now, I can't use my card to charge anything more from Q since they have cut it off and now I'll have to wait for a reissue card and call QVC and give them the new information.

Merry Christmas I guess.   Husband said Q will go under now

Ho, ho ho isn't he the funny one,             sigh....................

I have to wait for the paperwork to arrive and tell them those are not my charges and wait for a new card and here at Xmas time !!! I'd like to thank that hacker.

snowmanthrowingballsblank.gif

@SharkE  This just happened to me.  Someone charged over $1,000 at a Best Buy in another state, so just received my new cc today.  What a pain!  This happens frequently with this particular card, so it is happening online because that is the only place I use it, though do use another card also.

Funny what your DH said about Q going under while you can't use the card, lol.