Honored Contributor

Today my third order of groceries was delivered.  I placed an order for a watermelon, a bunch of bananas and romaine.

I got about 8 bags of somebody else's  order plus a lot of dairy.  I tried to call the delivery person to advise her to come back and get it.  She didn't answer, no voicemail.  I called WM CS  and did online chat.  Got this message....

Screenshot_20230731_104905_Walmart.jpg

The price of groceries just went down but where do I put all of this stuff?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

And I'm thinking that someone out there who ordered 8 bags of groceries is going to be really unhappy with a watermelon, bananas, and romaine. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Almost impossible to track down a order,that did not get deliverd,this happened to me a few weeks ago.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

You could donate to a food bank if you don't think you can eat it all.  That is a windfall though!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Today my third order of groceries was delivered.  I placed an order for a watermelon, a bunch of bananas and romaine.

I got about 8 bags of somebody else's  order plus a lot of dairy.  I tried to call the delivery person to advise her to come back and get it.  She didn't answer, no voicemail.  I called WM CS  and did online chat.  Got this message....

Screenshot_20230731_104905_Walmart.jpg

The price of groceries just went down but where do I put all of this stuff?

@Kachina624 

WOW.   Perhaps you can call that store, speak to the actual store manager and ask him/her what the procedure is. 

They will probably tell you to keep the packages, but having a person's name and time of call might be necessary in the future.   (What if this charge later shows up on your credit card?) 

Esteemed Contributor

If you don't want or can't use the groceries, perhaps you could call a church and see if they have a family that would be happy and thankful to receive such a gift.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart Bounty

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 I would first call the store directly. If that doesn't help I'm sure in your area there is a food bank or shelter that would be grateful for this bounty. Seems like an easy solution and would benefit those in need.

Honored Contributor

You wouldn't know what to do with my groceries if you receive them. I buy $300-$500 at a time? 

Enjoy them. Donate what you cannot use to family, friends, food bank etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon has the same policy if their driver makes an error with a delivery.  They allow you to keep the food or donare it.  They also refund your money.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 So what did you decide to do?