Frequent Contributor

I heard that the price of WW is going up dramatically coming soon (2016).  Does anyone know what the new prices or know of any news?

Trusted Contributor

@Just4Me I am a lifetime member. I went to WW yesterday and asked the group leader about the changes that are coming. He said Dec. 6th is the day. He told me I should come to a meeting starting Dec. 6th.

Hope that helps.

Honored Contributor

Next week we'll find out what's ahead.

Frequent Contributor

Please let us know what you learn.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Just4Me wrote:

I heard that the price of WW is going up dramatically coming soon (2016).  Does anyone know what the new prices or know of any news?

I think that would not be a good thing as they are facing a lot of competition right now, I can think of at least 3 free apps to track food and exercise.  There must be more.  What do you all think.??

Of course no-one knows what the plan is for WW

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a WW lifetime member and was at goal just before Thanksgiving (although I know that I am NOT at goal right now). If you're within two pounds of goal you don't pay. When I wasn't at goal a few months ago, I had to pay $15 when I weighed in and attended the meeting. I thought that was pretty high. If WW is going to raise their rates now, given their serious financial difficulties, they will be in even more trouble. Competition from free online sites is really hurting WW. For me, the group support at the meetings and the accountability at the scale worked. I lost 108 pounds and have kept almost all of it off for over 30 years. I still go to meetings because I continue to need that support, but if WW increases their prices, I may be alone in the audience before too long.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I'm a WW lifetime member and was at goal just before Thanksgiving (although I know that I am NOT at goal right now). If you're within two pounds of goal you don't pay. When I wasn't at goal a few months ago, I had to pay $15 when I weighed in and attended the meeting. I thought that was pretty high. If WW is going to raise their rates now, given their serious financial difficulties, they will be in even more trouble. Competition from free online sites is really hurting WW. For me, the group support at the meetings and the accountability at the scale worked. I lost 108 pounds and have kept almost all of it off for over 30 years. I still go to meetings because I continue to need that support, but if WW increases their prices, I may be alone in the audience before too long.

I certainly understand that the group support is important, but increasing that pricing would be a mistake in understanding the market. 

Congrats on maintaining your weight too 

Super Contributor

My suggestion would be if you are truly interested in joining then perhaps sign up now for the Montly Pass. You should be locked into that price. I'm still only paying $42.95 a month even though it went up to I believe $45.95 a month. This gives me my weekly meetings, online app, and live support if needed.  Our leader hinted at a few changes yesterday. I'm excited for next Monday's meeting. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think that the meetings should be free.

Afterall, it's a support group, much like AA  is a support group, and yet one doesn't pay to go to those meetings.

Respected Contributor

Re: WEIGHT WATCHERS PRICES

[ Edited ]

There is no way I would expect WW to be free.   How would they pay for their staff and their materials they hand out each week?  They also need money for research so that the diet can keep improving.

I have no idea about how AA is funded or if it is all volunteer?