Honored Contributor

Re: Very interesting article on siblings

On 10/9/2014 dmod nj said:

I am more than willing to give my brother away to anyone who wants a brother. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Any takers? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

All sales final!!! NO RETURNS! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Oh dmod, you don't really mean that! (But maybe you do?)

I have two brothers . . . exactly like The Odd Couple. They are as different as different can be. One is educated, soft spoken, successful, and steady as they come. Responsible far beyond what is necessary.

The other is an old leftover hippie, never saw a drug he didn't like, left us thinking he was dead for 25 years and then came back expecting to be the prodigal son (my daughter found him years ago in 1995 on the Internet before that was done very often). My beloved, forgiving sister kept him here until she died and six months after she passed, he left again. We get a FB note once in a while, and that's it. He also left his only biological daughter (that we know of) and her children, who all look just like him. Fortunately, she had a stepfather whom she loved, but who sadly died. She never considered my brother her father, and I don't blame her. He is not a "bad" person, he's just a really big loser.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

There is so much good stuff here that I copied and pasted it to my personal journals. This is why this BB can be such a good place for so many. What a wonderful thread. Thanks Feline Groovy (JSS) for this wonderful post.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 10/11/2014 Silver Lining said: ury and feline groovy, thanks for the comforting words!! (((Me and My Shadow))) you are so sweet! Our situations sound very similar. I think it was probably very difficult for my brother being the only boy with three sisters.

Smile

Honored Contributor

On 10/11/2014 Ford1224 said:

There is so much good stuff here that I copied and pasted it to my personal journals. This is why this BB can be such a good place for so many. What a wonderful thread. Thanks Feline Groovy (JSS) for this wonderful post.

So glad you feel that way, JSS/Ford, and I agree. We all can share and help and learn and receive and grow, and save some things for future reference.

Thanks back. 8)