Respected Contributor

Re: Up and at it, or slow moving in the morning?

My day usually starts at 4 A.M., if not sooner. Cat Tongue

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Now that I'm retired, slooooww.

I spent 47 years getting up between 4:30-5:30 a.m. I used to not remember driving to work, just pulling into the parking lot. 

Now, I take as long to wake up as my body tells me to. I usually don't go to sleep until after midnight, so wakies is around 8:30-9:30. I try not to make appointments earlier than 10:30.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me its slow moving. I stay up very late since I no longer work (and I have insomnia). I get up around 11 after falling asleep at 4 or 5 AM finally. Then I make my way downstairs slowly (because my back is bad in the AM), I make cereal and orange juice. Read the paper while I eat breakfast. Go on line then for awhile. I get a shower by 1. lol. Except Sundays, on Sundays I get up at 9 or 10 because we like to go to early movies and or because my husbands off work Sundays.

Now my husband is an early bird. He goes to bed at 9 and gets up at 4 AM 7 days a week! And he gets up all chipper (and I am like don't bother me I just woke up..lol, so its good hes already gone for work when I get up 6 of 7 days.

PS even when I worked and didn't have this bad back I still was not a morning person and would stay up late. I never needed much sleep.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor

Some mornings I don't get going until noon and other mornings I am up and going at 9-ish.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Respected Contributor

I'm on chemo therapy and I'm up every day at 2am and in the shower getting ready to go to work.  I'm thankful that the chemo didn't give me side effects at all and Im able to go to work and keep my job.  

Esteemed Contributor

Mentally, I am a morning person; physically, afternoon and/or evening.

Respected Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

I'm on chemo therapy and I'm up every day at 2am and in the shower getting ready to go to work.  I'm thankful that the chemo didn't give me side effects at all and Im able to go to work and keep my job.  

@Blingqueen023  ths is good news about not feeling effects -  pulling for you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm horrible in the morning.  I'm so far at the opposite end of a morning person, I'm not even on the spectrum.

The alarm goes off for my DH and he is right up and out of bed, goes downstairs and turns the tv on.  Me on the other hand?  I'm in bed until he calls my name about 10 times to get up.  If he's not home, I hit the snooze button about 5 times minimum.  I've tried every trick in the book experts suggest, including putting the clock across the room.  I get out of bed, stomp across the room, slap the snooze, and stomp back to bed.

I hate to be talked to in the morning or even looked at.  It takes me a couple hours until I've gotten myself together and am civil. 

I run around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get ready for work and out the door.  And no matter what time I get up, I'm like this.

I went through a phase of getting up at 5:00 a.m. even though I didn't have to be at work until 8.  But I would get involved in something and still end up running late.        

Respected Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Blingqueen023  ths is good news about not feeling effects -  pulling for you.

@ms traditional Thank you so much.  I don't get a lot of responses on here and your post means a lot to me. Have a good rest of the week.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

I'm so glad you aren't feeling the effects of your chemo! Prayers and positive thoughts going up that this will be just what you need to get your life back on track and for a long and healthy life. 

Best wishes!

@Blingqueen023