Respected Contributor

Re: Ugh! Of all days I wanted to watch QVC2 it's "unavailable"!

@Marp Apparently my luck hasn't been 'running good.'  I've rebooted over a dozen times and did the system disconnect to no avail.  I even rescanned the channels to see if it would pick them back up.  No luck.

I called their automated artificial intelligence responder, lol, and she, or it, also rebooted and 'pinged' the system, only to mechanically announce that all was well.  I didn't have the patience to hang on the phone for a real person.  

Dealing with Spectrum takes true grit. I've been waiting for the perfect mood to deal with them.  But, thanks for the reminders.  

Respected Contributor

@Shanus The only channel that frequently freezes for me is Specturm's own news. If I want to check out their local news, or weather, I have to remember to change the channel, if I'm leaving the room. It WILL eventually freeze.  Their own darn channel!  

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

@Shanus The only channel that frequently freezes for me is Specturm's own news. If I want to check out their local news, or weather, I have to remember to change the channel, if I'm leaving the room. It WILL eventually freeze.  Their own darn channel!  

@BlueFinch   Aggravating, right? For us, it's Spectrum or a dish. Spectrum has admitted that almost all of their DVRs are turned in broken and they recondition them and just install them in someone elses house, so they can have that nuisance. Over the last year, we've had one DVR replaced 4 times! That's a lot of regularly watched prime time shows to re-program. I finally pulled up the screen that says Series Manager that shows that list and took a photo w/ my phone. The service guy asked what I was doing. I explained when he's out next month, I'll have the list and it'll be faster to program the "new" DVR. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  did you try to reboot your cable box?  I get that message on occasion and just recently as well....I rebooted the box and the channel came it...it's worth a try.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Shanus  did you try to reboot your cable box?  I get that message on occasion and just recently as well....I rebooted the box and the channel came it...it's worth a try.

@Mom2Dogs   I've been dealing w/ Spectrum for decades...back when they were Time Warner. Reboot is my middle name. Lol

Respected Contributor

@Shanus Replaced four times in a year?  That's crazy!  Guess I shouldn't complain, since I've had my current one over 3 years.  

Great idea to get a photo of the series manager, also current scheduled.  I'll do that, too.  It's why I've delayed in getting a new box.  It's a lot to reprogram.  I'm really upset to think I'll go to all that trouble for someone else's refurbished piece of junk.  I didn't know that.  I'm going to pretend I didn't.  

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

@Shanus Replaced four times in a year?  That's crazy!  Guess I shouldn't complain, since I've had my current one over 3 years.  

Great idea to get a photo of the series manager, also current scheduled.  I'll do that, too.  It's why I've delayed in getting a new box.  It's a lot to reprogram.  I'm really upset to think I'll go to all that trouble for someone else's refurbished piece of junk.  I didn't know that.  I'm going to pretend I didn't.  

@BlueFinch   I won't tell anyone you know that. Lol

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 

No too technical for me!  My son is a manager with Apple and offered while he was here to "fix" my internet service, update my tv with Apple TV, etc. -- I said "no cuz if your not here I'll have no idea how to fix it.". He told me I don't know what I'm missing ...haha kids!