Honored Contributor

I use both, and I have no problem with either one. But I have a question - QVC used to ship most of my items UPS. Now most come USPS, and it takes longer. Most of the items are shipped from QVC to a "shipping partner facility." They depart that, and then go to the USPS. What exactly is a "shipping partner facility"? TIA! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

These are services offered to high volume shippers for the purpose of getting the price down.

UPS and FedEx both have such services where they pick it up, get it to the town or area of its destination, then turn it over to USPS for delivery.   

I find that this just increases the delivery time by ONE day but for some it seems like the USPS in their area is not as efficient as some so it drags it out a bit.  But bottom line is the lower price the vendor can get for this type of service.

Esteemed Contributor

I like UPS. They will leave a package. USPS will not where I live. That means a trip to the post office on Saturday.  UGH!

My UPS driver said there isn't much profit in small packages so those get dropped off at the post office for that gawd awful Smart Post.

Choice of carrier now means a LOT to me. If it doesn't ship UPS, even if I have to pay a bit more, I likely won't order.

Honored Contributor

The shipping partners facility is the carriers terminal.  Like the UPS depot.

Respected Contributor

Re: USPS vs. UPS

[ Edited ]

I received a surepost package today; a box that weighed 7 lbs.  I had been tracking it and was surprised to see that yesterday UPS delivered it to my post office midday.  

Honored Contributor

For the most part ever since I started with QVC in the early 90's, the vast majority of my packages came into my mail box so I assume they were USPS.  I'm prety sure a great deal of the timing has to do with where we live as well as who actually does the delivery.

I say that because as a snowbird, I have the opportunity to be served by two different delivery persons plus their vacation substitutes.  In one place, USPS is the better deal while in the other, I'd give my vote to UPS.

Overall, I'm pleased, but I really don't buy online when I want what I order before 5 days from placing the order.   That's most often my delivery time in both places.