Respected Contributor

Has anyone ever heard of " US Medicare"?   I have not heard of this particular company and I don't know why medicare would call and ask if you have the paper medicare card or a "new one"  I have never received such a call and I have had medicare for several years. I searched online and could not find anything relating to that. I happened to answer a call thinking it was someone I knew and a voice with a foreign accent said he was calling from medicare U.S. and ask me about the paper card. I told him I didn't believe him, called him a scammer, said a curse word and hung up. I think he was trying to get my SS#  So just be carefull because it's medicare enrollment time and I'm sure the scammers are trying to take advantage. If anyone has received this call and you know it's legit please confirm  

Respected Contributor

Definitely sounds like a scam to me.

Medicare would never call and ask if you have a card.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Of course it's a scam. No one from Social Security or Medicare or the IRS calls on the phone and asks for personal information. But my Medicare card does not have my social security # on it. 

You did the smart thing by hanging up. 

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  SCAM! Medicare never calls to ask if you have  a card. Never.

Esteemed Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

Of course it's a scam. No one from Social Security or Medicare or the IRS calls on the phone and asks for personal information. But my Medicare card does not have my social security # on it. 

You did the smart thing by hanging up. 

I'm sure if you returned their call and offered your SSN they'd help you right out.

FWIW, SSA and Medicare 800 numbers are still answered in the USA. Big clue if they are struggling with English

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the feedback to my post. These idiots just don't stop trying to steal peoples money ! I didn't think it was a legitimate call so just be careful.  Most times I don't answer unknown calls but I thought this was someone I knew.  He got a earfull from me !! (and it wasn't nice)

Honored Contributor

few years ago, Medicare reissued Medicare cards to everyone, purposely omitting the social security number on it for security reasons.  Also, the name U.S. Medicare is a dead give away that it's a scam.  You either see Medicare or Original Medicare or Medicare Advantage.  These scammers call homes all day long, even weekends.  In my house, we don't answer the phone unless a familiar name is shown.  To add insult to injury, though to a lesser extent, they call or send text messages to your cell phone.  And I have limited messages and text, so that angers me even more.. 

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)