Respected Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's Suggestions

Agree with so many of the suggestions and would add their version of K cups. They offer a nice variety box for around $8.00. Enjoy!

Valued Contributor

I love their half salt tuna, no salt tortilla chips and they have the lowest salt salsa I've seen anywhere. Best price on shelved Almond Milk and wonderful instant coffee.

Cheeses are wonderful!

Honored Contributor

Their baking mixes are outstanding and very reasonably priced.

Banana bread, cornbread, pumpkin cornbread, truffle brownie mix - they are all delicious.

We like the bacon cheddar cheese, the persimmon salad, fresh fruits.

The ONLY thing we don't like are their baked goods (but the Kringle from the WI bakery are phenomenal!).

We like tart 100% cherry juice - their price is dollars less than our regular market.

Their vitamins, body butters and other beauty products are top quality and well priced too.

Esteemed Contributor

There are several other threads similar to this one, so you might want to do a search to get some other ideas too. :-)

I love TJ's, and my best suggestion is to just grab a cart and go up & down every aisle, as slowly as you want to. Look at everything, and see what appeals to you. Most of my favorites at TJ's are things I discovered completely on my own. And some things come & go so every trip can lead to new discoveries. For me, that's a lot of the fun of it!

Respected Contributor

I also have to drive 100 miles or so to the closest TJ, and the croissants alone are worth the trip! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Their macaroni & cheese is the best I've ever had.

Pound plus chocolate bars

Kona Coffee cookies

Chocolate covered almond-coconut candies

Mini pizzas

Fresh mozzarella

Nitrate-free hot dogs

Fluoride-free toothpaste (tastes like licorice)

Catsup (no HFCS)

My dogs go crazy over their kibble

Check out the produce section for unique things you won't see elsewhere.

Respected Contributor

Now that is worth spending the night for and hauling several coolers and dry ice. I'd have to go 3.5 hours away for one of those!!! Same thing for Whole Foods and anything other than a Harvey's, WalMart, or Save A Lot!

Honored Contributor

I have recently tried the mac & cheese bites - yum! Something else I have a fixation on is their Nurnburger bratwurst. The sausages are small (2 fit in a hot dog bun). Imported from Germany, they have real German spices in them and taste authentic. I like their breakfast goodies - pancakes ready to eat, waffles, French toast, and blintzes. I also like their frozen steel cut oatmeal & their oatmeal in packets. TJs foods many times have somewhat lower carb counts than foods bought in the supermarket.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Just found out they are going to build a Trader Joes about 1/2 mile from my house! It opens in April...I can't wait! What is cookie butter?
Respected Contributor

On 1/11/2015 terrier3 said:

Their baking mixes are outstanding and very reasonably priced.

Banana bread, cornbread, pumpkin cornbread, truffle brownie mix - they are all delicious.

We like the bacon cheddar cheese, the persimmon salad, fresh fruits.

The ONLY thing we don't like are their baked goods (but the Kringle from the WI bakery are phenomenal!).

We like tart 100% cherry juice - their price is dollars less than our regular market.

Their vitamins, body butters and other beauty products are top quality and well priced too.

Terrier, would you mind mentioning the brand of Cherry Juice. We were buying Cheribundi Tart Cherry Juice at our Costco, but it seems as though it's been discontinued there. A real shame because Costco sold 2- 32 oz. bottles for around $9 or $10. At Whole Foods it's $8.99 for 1 bottles and if we can find it in "regular" grocery stores, it's about the same. I don't drink it, but DH does. It's almost impossible to find this for a decent price. We've contacted Costco to bring it back, but doubt if they will.

TIA.

Coffee drinker

Valued Contributor

Cat Cookies, chocolate my favorite. Snack attack.

No Fudge Pudge Brownie mix--- good portion control dessert.

Oronjeboom Beer in the tall cans. Oh yeah.

Fresh Triple Berry Pie is tasty.

Fresh Blueberry Mini Muffins with extra fiber, several to a portion.

Fresh Lemon Bars, wow.

Puffins cereal.

Some interesting fresh-made lunch salads to go.

Sometimes I go on a "Better Than Peanut Butter" kick.