Esteemed Contributor

I've been wondering if someone kept track of all the violence over the last 25 years in America --- what information would they come up with. I'm 77 yrs young - and grew up in Brooklyn, NY - very little crime. What changed besides drugs? Who are these people destroying America? This is NOT the America I remember.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3  I am so sorry to hear that. May God rest his soul. I hope they find the person that did this right away. Who knows how many more they might kill?

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@Cakers3  I am so sorry to hear that. May God rest his soul. I hope they find the person that did this right away. Who knows how many more they might kill?

@cherryFrom what I've seen on local news there is a sketch of the suspect and they are looking at video from surrounding buildings.

There is something being held back about this and I think more is going to come out eventually.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

The Los Angeles Police Department announced Tuesday that one of its officers fired the bullet that struck and killed a Trader Joe’s employee in the frantic moments they exchanged gunfire with an attempted murder suspect.

Copied from a press release.

Esteemed Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

The Los Angeles Police Department announced Tuesday that one of its officers fired the bullet that struck and killed a Trader Joe’s employee in the frantic moments they exchanged gunfire with an attempted murder suspect.

Copied from a press release.

So sad....

Honored Contributor

Re: Trader Joe’s LA - Hostage Situation

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

How sad that we live in a world where this stuff keeps happening.When are we going to stop handing out guns to crazy people?

I prey for the safety of everyone involved!!

@NicksMom

This topic title, as stated, has nothing to do with guns. Crazy people?  Yes, there are plenty of them. This guy drove a vehicle into a stationary object. Suppose that "object" included a walking human being in between "it" and the vehicle?

Why do some always insist on bringing guns into acts done by people, that to me, are obviously mentally impaired during their actions?  Sure, guns can and do kill people, but more people in our country died of an OD, than by guns, both legal and illegally obtained drugs. 

My feeling is that many, when committing these acts, are Under the Influence, of some type of mind altering drug. What, quote/unquote, mentally stable person would take strangers hostage, after shooting/stabbing, or beating up their grandmother? That's it from me, for now anyways.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: Trader Joe’s LA - Barracaded Suspect

[ Edited ]

@sunala

Hi Sunny,

Not the best of times that we both experienced in past years and decades for sure. Things going on nowadays were  not even thought of years ago, but I think because of advanced communication technologies, we are now hearing "by the minute" types of news reporting.

What sells commercials on TV, and newspapers today? Not Sports/Comics, or the good things happening each day. Too many want drama, which generally include trauma and other bad and sad things going on here, and throughout the world.

My choice has been to focus more on the good things going on everywhere, but just isn't interesting enough to TV and the Printed Press to be able to sell their wares to the pubic. It is impossible to completely tune out the bad, but for me I spend minimal time listening/watching, or reading about those unpleasant topics.

Be well my friend,

JOhn(hckynut)

hckynut(john)