Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I was rather excited to read the title of this thread. "Trader Joe Find...Rave" But was disappointed again that all that people like from this store is junk, fattening food. That's why I've walked around TJ's many times and outside of the usual produce department they have nothing, nadda, zilch in the healthy eating options. Too bad.

That's probably because you are similar to me and don't eat packaged anything.  The only packaged item I eat from there is their Applegate non nitrate turkey breast.  The one with herbs is excellent!

I only buy produce there and some of their greek yogurt, chicken broth, wine and turkey breast.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I was rather excited to read the title of this thread. "Trader Joe Find...Rave" But was disappointed again that all that people like from this store is junk, fattening food. That's why I've walked around TJ's many times and outside of the usual produce department they have nothing, nadda, zilch in the healthy eating options. Too bad.

I find your statements to be painted with a broad brush.  Trader Joe's is just like any other grocery.  Healthy eating requires shopping the perimeter of the store.  To suggest that "all that people like from this store is junk, fattening food" is a gross generalization.  

Respected Contributor

@ID2

i know where you are coming from, but i am having quite a few women friends over this week and this pumpkin sticky cake is just perfect.  it is right up their alley and i know it will be a hit! 

everyone needs to cheat once in a while and eat some junk.....that is what it's all about.

@LeoGrl

thank you for posting this.  i'm sure it will be a very popular with my friends.

Honored Contributor

Re: Trader Joe Find...Rave!

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

I find your statements to be painted with a broad brush.  Trader Joe's is just like any other grocery.  Healthy eating requires shopping the perimeter of the store.  To suggest that "all that people like from this store is junk, fattening food" is a gross generalization.  

I agree. I don't really even understand that post. TJ's has a large produce section plus many shelf products that we use for cooking healthful meals (at better prices than our supermarket). No, it's not a "health food store", but it is a good option for lots of healthy food.

And it's not bad for an occasional splurge. We loved their Key Lime pie (relatively light  as desserts go), but what a shame that it was just seasonal.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Our TJ's is always very busy, even though a large chain supermarket is within a short walk away.  Anyway, Sat and Sunday mornings are very busy, even at around 9:30/10am.  Packed, in fact, but they have all registers open, which is nice.  Not a long wait at all.   Nice store, and the customers are very nice, pleasant, too.   

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor
ladyroxanne - Your welcome. I hope your friends enjoy it. The cake is on the smaller side. Not sure how many people you are having. I would say the cake could be split between two, three at most so if you're having alot of company, definitely would pick up more than one.. I like how quick and easy it was. And the taste and texture was impressive, IMO. A nice little Fall splurge.
Valued Contributor
yahooey - Oooh, how did I miss that Autumn sauce? That sounds wonderful! Is it a red sauce that you would put on pasta?
Valued Contributor
Shelbelle - It's frozen. It's found right near their ice cream and other frozen deserts.