Honored Contributor

Re: 💚To those who are hurting this holiday season... and best wishes to all!❤️

@ECBG wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Thank you kind, wise @dooBdooHeart

It's always been such a pleasure posting with you.

As I sit here grieving my brother's suicide a few months ago and wishing I could hide under a rock, so many of the points in your OP give me hope.

Thank you for posting it, I needed that.........I truly do.

Smiley love 085.gif

@dooBdoo@KingstonsMom,Why don't we just hold hands, Luv.  About ten years ago we lost the youngest of our two sons a month after Christmas in a wreck three houses down from his best friend's house.  He was six weeks from twenty.

Sometimes it's all we can do to buy toys for our older son's two little boys, or I bake cookies and candy he loved at this time of year.

Thanks OP.

@ECBG

I'd love to hold hands! Heart

I feel your pain about your son and I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I know how hard this time of year can be, when a devastating loss is associated with it.

My only other brother died in 1997 in a car accident, returning from a family Christmas reunion, so Christmas has never been the same for me.

My brother who recently committed suicide had his birthday at Thanksgiving.

All we can do is try to not let it overwhelm us and try to keep our chin up!

Smiley love 138.GIF
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree

Thank you so much. It was totally out of the blue, he had no history of depression or other mental health issues. His drug screen was clean.

He lived on the west coast, but we visited often and talked almost every day, but there was never any indication that this was coming.

I think that's the hardest part......wondering why. Or if I missed something.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo Thank you so much for your eloquence and compassion. Blessing to you.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Beautiful sentiment even though I don't believe some of it to be true. This is how I feel this christmas.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r7D2G6GdPY

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @Preds, @newjersey@LilacTree, @meallen616, @ECBG@reiki604, and @skuggles (thank you, skuggles, for introducing me to Bill Callahan).

❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

As I sit here grieving my brother's suicide a few months ago and wishing I could hide under a rock, so many of the points in your OP give me hope.

Smiley love 085.gif

@dooBdoo@KingstonsMom,Why don't we just hold hands, Luv.  About ten years ago we lost the youngest of our two sons a month after Christmas in a wreck three houses down from his best friend's house.  He was six weeks from twenty.

Sometimes it's all we can do to buy toys for our older son's two little boys, or I bake cookies and candy he loved at this time of year.

Thanks OP.

@ECBG

I feel your pain about your son and I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I know how hard this time of year can be, when a devastating loss is associated with it.

My only other brother died in 1997 in a car accident, returning from a family Christmas reunion, so Christmas has never been the same for me.

Smiley love 138.GIF

Yes, let's hold hands across the cyberwaves, @KingstonsMom and @ECBG.❤️   My father passed away at Thanksgiving when I was 17 years old...  we were very close, and I'll always cherish the time we did have.   It was hard to find a way to avoid associating the grief with the holidays.   My heart goes out to you and to all who are sad.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

The holidays can be a bleak time for some. I'm glad  you can find some comfort within this thread

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Smiley love 085.gif

Thanks OP.

@ECBG

Smiley love 138.GIF

Yes, let's hold hands across the cyberwaves, @KingstonsMom and @ECBG.❤️   My father passed away at Thanksgiving when I was 17 years old...  we were very close, and I'll always cherish the time we did have.   It was hard to find a way to avoid associating the grief with the holidays.   My heart goes out to you and to all who are sad.

@dooBdoo,I'm so very sorry.  I lost my mother on my sixteenth birthday.  She didn't have custody of my sister and I.  (That's why I became a teacher.)

I lost my beautiful dad to a rare form of brain cancer when he was only sixty-four and we  buried him in Christmas Eve morning.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

You are a classy person, I admire your kindness and grace.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom,This is a poem I have always loved.  My seniors did too.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Quotes
All I Really Need to Know I Learned in KindergartenAll I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten byRobert Fulghum
16,642 ratings, 4.03 average rating, 675 reviews
Open Preview

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Quotes (showing 1-30 of 68)

“I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.”
― Robert Fulghum, All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten
“These are the things I learned (in Kindergarten):

1. Share everything.
2. Play fair.
3. Don't hit people.
4. Put thngs back where you found them.
5. CLEAN UP YOUR OWN MESS.
6. Don't take things that aren't yours.
7. Say you're SORRY when you HURT somebody.
8. Wash your hands before you eat.
9. Flush.
10. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
11. Live a balanced life - learn some and drink some and draw some and paint some and sing and dance and play and work everyday some.
12. Take a nap every afternoon.
13. When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, and stick together.
14. Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Stryrofoam cup: The roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
15. Goldfish and hamster and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
16. And then remember the ******-and-Jane books and the first workd you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.”

“You may never have proof of your importance but you are more important than you think. There are always those who couldn’t do without you. The rub is that you don’t always know who.”