Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest I'm so sorry

I think what's been suggested is that it helps your soul to help others. Think of it as doing it in honor of your lost loved one and think of them while you're doing it.

I'm going to lose my Mom some time in the near future. Don't know when. Just thinking right now of doing something for someone in need that I wouldn't even know in her honor after she's gone-well I like that idea. My Mom is such a generous giving person. And the kindness of strangers has helped me survive though this, the hardest time of my life. So it would be perfect.

How each person deals with grief is their decision alone. But sometimes it helps to hear gentle suggestions from others, might make you think of something you never thought of.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

Physically I would like to be between 30 and 40.

@SANNA

Physically? I am better now at 78 than I was a 30. That is the age when I said to myself: "if you feel this bad at 30, what will it feel like at 40/50 etc"?  Thus I began my journey on trying to make my health and fitness a top priority. 

I'll take my physical condition of today anytime over age 30, the age I woke up knowing it was my job to control my physical condition, as much as I was/am able.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

If I could only enjoy what I used to. Two years ago I cracked four ribs and I am living in constant pain. I can't take much more. There must be something they can give me for some relief. I wouldn't know where to get anything illegal, not that I want to, never know what you're getting. But, I can see why some people do it.

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

Physically I would like to be between 30 and 40.

@SANNA

Physically? I am better now at 78 than I was a 30. That is the age when I said to myself: "if you feel this bad at 30, what will it feel like at 40/50 etc"?  Thus I began my journey on trying to make my health and fitness a top priority. 

I'll take my physical condition of today anytime over age 30, the age I woke up knowing it was my job to control my physical condition, as much as I was/am able.

hckynut(john)

That is why this is a personal question to everyone. Sorry you felt lousy in your 30's..... I am pushing 56 now and people say I look great for my age, almost always think I am 45.

But at my 30-40 range I was in gorgeous ( to me) physical shape, firm everywhere,very feminine, never skinny. And finally confident. 

I am very confident now, even more, but ...not so firm and fit. 😩😩😩🍷🥂🥃 helps though

Honored Contributor

My two grandaughters spent the night here last night ,that was very nice, thanks everyone , to those that have lost a child,husband you know it is always tough.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: To be young again

[ Edited ]

@DAD wrote:

If I could only enjoy what I used to. Two years ago I cracked four ribs and I am living in constant pain. I can't take much more. There must be something they can give me for some relief. I wouldn't know where to get anything illegal, not that I want to, never know what you're getting. But, I can see why some people do it.

@DAD

I have had a total over the years of 6 fractured(broken) ribs, a right rib as recent as last March, when I decided I was going back to something I love doing, ice skating. Now 9 months later, at times it is still annoying.

Broken ribs are painful, that I understand, but 2 years later in constant pain from that injury, from my own many experiences, that does not seem normal. Maybe you have other problems internally causing them unable to heal. I know I would certainly be finding out the why of this pain 2 years post your injury.

Hope you find some relief that does not require narcotic or opioid pain killers. Best to you,

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

We all eventually have loses and must deal with them the best we know how.