Honored Contributor

I just got back from the pharmacy, and now am waiting for the big snow. I think we will get at least a foot, it's supposed to start this afternoon and go all night. I will admit , I don't like snow the way I used to, but I'm not in charge of weather 🤣 , so we'll just deal with it. ☃️☃️☃️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Time to hunker down ☃️

I'm north of the big bang....but talking with my hairdresser yesterday......we agree IT"S due. For 6 months of usual winter - we've dodged 3 months.  Oct - Nov - Dec.

Jan - Feb - Mach might be very interesting.

Honored Contributor

It just started to snow here in PA.  The weather man has updated our snowfall to 24" through tomorrow afternoon.  That's a lot. 

My DH has his huge monster snow blower all ready to roll.  He didn't get to use it last year and I think he is excited to get out there.  Men and their toys!

I plan to stay indoors.  I am not a fan of ice and snow.  

Stay safe everyone!

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Stay safe and warm and avoid any 'icy' walking!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Regular Contributor

I'm working at home today so won't totally be able to enjoy it.  I generally don't like snow but there is something nice about the first one.  Then I don't care if there are no more until next season.

Honored Contributor

For some reason I hate that term.  Have no idea why, unless it just was overused.  No offense.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Made my rounds this morning. Home at 1 pm. Snow expected to start here in an hour or two.

First stop: Costco. I got there a bit earlier than the 10:00 opening but they were already open. Returned an item, got credit for a price reduction on towels I bought last month, picked up 2 prescriptions and shopped for a few items. I saw a guy carrying a nice looking snow shovel. Picked one up along with pet friendly ice melt for DS. We had no snow at all last season so I thought he could use them. If not I will return. Costco is great that way. Shocked that Costco was about as empty as I had ever seen it when I arrived. An hour later upon leaving checkout lines were only 2-3 deep. I commented on that and was told by an employee that yesterday- in anticipation of the storm- it was a madhouse. A good call on my part as I heard that the snow was not to start until mid afternoon. In fact, first thing this morning the sun was out,  but only for a very few minutes.

Dropped said snow supplies at his house. Next: to another store to return a tablecloth. Ended up buying two items there. The exchange was almost exactly even- the cashier said I was owed $.01! Following that, curbside pickup at Walgreen's which was nearby. Last stop: post office to mail a local bill curbside.

Stay safe and warm all! No clearing snow for me- perk of Condo living (with a garag

ETA: I called yesterday to reschedule my hair cut and color scheduled for noon on Thursday. Was concerned that  getting to the salon would be impossible. My haidresser said that I needed to be there in 30 minutes or wait until January. 

Finished rolling out the cookies I was working on and got there .Priorities! 

I had hit the supermarket earlier in the day., so I think I am good for the next several days. Also expecting several items to be delivered by UPS today-out for delivery.

Esteemed Contributor

Central MA is slated to get 12-15".  I can handle that as long as it's light and fluffy - not like the 'cement' of previous storms this year.  Hopefully they'll be no power outages.

I opted out of going grocery shopping today.  For some reason everybody buys groceries right before a storm and we've got enough in the house for me and Eddy for a couple of days.

Anyways, enjoy the snow if you like it and stay safe and warm!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In southeastern PA we're supposed to get 6"-12".  It's just started and I'm hoping that it's more like 6".  

I had someone last year who no longer clears driveways and our snowblower died and I wouldn't want DH to tackle snow removal anyway.

I texted with some of my neighbors to see if they could suggest someone and my next door neighbor has volunteered her young boys...11 & 9 years old.  They do have a LOT of energy but I told her that I hope she wasn't making them do this...she said that they were excited to shovel.  Of course I'll pay them but we'll see how this works out.