Esteemed Contributor

They Upped Our Possible Snow Totals.

Yesterday we were in the 6 to 12" band for the storm coming tomorrow into Thursday.

I just watched the weather and the storm is tracking further north and west. Now we are in the 15+ range with isolated spots getting 20+. Oh, wind too, with possible power outages and the next 3 days below freezing.

Yes, I know it is NEPA in December, but after the whole year of 2020 being a dumpster fire it is, "yep lets add really sucky weather just to end the year right.

Everyone stay safe.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: They Upped Our Possible Snow Totals.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Montgomery County here. I, for one am really looking forward to a "dumper." However, I don't wish anyone power outages. I was out doing panic buying today, and the grocery store was mobbed!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2   and anyone else expecting bad weather: Oh wow, sorry to hear that. We're just supposed to have ice, but you never know here in NC. I do know that ice on trees and falling branches cause power outages, too.

Be safe, warm and maybe stay in with a few good movies on Netflix. 

Esteemed Contributor

Everyone in the path of this storm please stay safe!!! 🎅🏻🎄🤶🎄

Esteemed Contributor

To be honest, my first thought about power outages was, "oh cr*p, no power, no coffee."  Priorities, you know.

I didn't brave the store. People think they are going to be stranded to spring. We aren't going into Donner party territory.

Respected Contributor

I hit the stores last night to stock up.  I had to stand in line to get into the Walmart!

Honored Contributor

Looks like PA and NY should prepare for the worst.

Esteemed Contributor

Yikes!  I do not miss Missouri or Wisconsin snow.  Stay safe everyone. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

Our school has already cancelled for Thursday here in PA. Even though the

students are on computers, learning virtually,  the teachers go into school to

do the teaching.

So since that is a hazard they will be getting their first and probably second

snow day this week.

Stay in, not worth going anywhere into Wednesday afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

To be honest, my first thought about power outages was, "oh cr*p, no power, no coffee."  Priorities, you know.

I didn't brave the store. People think they are going to be stranded to spring. We aren't going into Donner party territory.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I love the whole experience of panic buying. I bought sugar (had enough flour), eggs, sausages (can cook over the fireplace) and Amaroso's rolls. Also, milk and orange juice. It was also senior day at our Shoprite, so the parking lot was packed.