Honored Contributor

Re: Thrift shop remorsešŸ˜‘

[ Edited ]

I don't think I have ever had remorse about donating anything except one pair of shoes.  The color and style went perfect with a dress I kept and wear to weddings. I have worn the dress 8 times since 2000.  The dress is always raved about.  I have had it altered over years and it still is good...but the shoes. I have yet to find a pair of shoes I can wear now a days since my back and feet went bad.  I always wind up wearing a pair of flats I buy, that are doable but don't really go as well as I like. I collected shoes and when my feet went bad and back I gave away over 150 pairs of shoes and boots!! Some never worn. lol. They don't call me Shoekitty for nothing!  Lol!  I have regretted giving those shoes

Honored Contributor

I love Thrift Shops and have always donated and don't recall ever being remorsefull.  However I went thrifting and found a few items I absolutely LOVED and carried them around while I continued to shop.  While I was shopping I froze with a horrible feeling in my stomach!!!  The items I was carrying around were donated by me, unrecognized as being from me!!  No, I did not rebuy the items but realized why I loved them!  But it was time to let them have a new owner!!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

@gellen  Yes, I have felt this many time too. Funny thing is, if I give it away to a friend or someone I know, it doesn't seem to bother me.

Honored Contributor

I gave an antique (150+) year hall table to a friend.  I didn't have the wall space.  She's using it as a couch table.  Being too visual, it reminded me of what I didn't want to remember.

Right now, I can't stand but 3 or 4 minutes without discomfort, and can't pick up anything because the weight hurts my back.