Respected Contributor

Re: This Reminds me of Something from Last Fall...

@SydneyH wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

The overwhelming majority of Americans come from immigrant blood. Most come here seeking a better life for themselves, their families and future generations. The only thing they have is hope. Letting fear be our guiding emotion to decision making is unwise, even foolish. If we do this we have learned nothing from our past. To continue down this path means the thousand Jews who sought refuge in our country during WWII, were turned away from our borders and subsequently murdered in the death camps, died in vain. It's their blood we have on our hands.

We never know what will happen. Perhaps in a 100 years we will need other countries to accept us as refugees.

We need to do better.

There is no comparison imo.  Our national security is being weakened even further.

Read about the incident. The parallels are there. It's shameful. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

Hysteria?  Sorry,  but mocking people who have legitimate concerns about 'topic du jour' is not cool.

But it is PC.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm amazed at all of the posts critical of the US intel/military from  those who'd usually advise people with differing opinions to leave the country.

Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

Hysteria?  Sorry,  but mocking people who have legitimate concerns about 'topic du jour' is not cool.

But it is PC.  

PC? Lives are at stake across the world. What a shame that's all you can come up with. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Trusted Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

The overwhelming majority of Americans come from immigrant blood. Most come here seeking a better life for themselves, their families and future generations. The only thing they have is hope. Letting fear be our guiding emotion to decision making is unwise, even foolish. If we do this we have learned nothing from our past. To continue down this path means the thousand Jews who sought refuge in our country during WWII, were turned away from our borders and subsequently murdered in the death camps, died in vain. It's their blood we have on our hands.

We never know what will happen. Perhaps in a 100 years we will need other countries to accept us as refugees.

We need to do better.

There is no comparison imo.  Our national security is being weakened even further.

the immigrants who came here through Ellis Island came with a different agenda, the world's population who were suffering came here for a better life, not to blend into our society unnoticed until they could carry out an attack on our soil. They had no sophisticated means of technology back then.

And yes, I know there are some who are suffering and don't have that agenda, but there have been people around the globe for centuries living in bad situations for a long time. Bosnian refugees also sought asylum. here is an excerpt on that:

In mid-February, an 18-year-old Bosnian refugee killed five people in a shooting rampage at a mall in Salt Lake City before he was shot to death by the police, who have not been able to determine a motive.

The Utah killings spurred Mr. Mahic and some of his peers to form a leadership initiative intended to help young Bosnian refugees on the verge of falling through the cracks.

From 1992 to this March, the State Department resettled 131,000 refugees from war-tornBosnia and Herzegovina in the United States. More than 9,000 were placed in Chicago, many of them clustered in the poorer quarters of the city’s North Side.

The multiple jobs that many of the parents juggle, combined with emotional struggles left over from the war, leave them little time or ability to understand the very American

struggles of their children.

Who and how will the refugees be taken care of here. Housing? Medical care? Food? Jobs? Our government will provide all this? 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Respected Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

The hysteria over Ebola.

Same people. Same M.O.

Different "topic de jour".

It should also remind you of September 11, 2001. 

"The attackers were Islamic terrorists... Some of the terrorists had lived in the United States for more than a year and had taken flying lessons at American commercial flight schools."  

http://www.history.com/topics/9-11-attacks

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

How is this thread allowed? All it is doing is purposely insulting people?

Honored Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

We need to do better.

the immigrants who came here through Ellis Island came with a different agenda, the world's population who were suffering came here for a better life, not to blend into our society unnoticed until they could carry out an attack on our soil. They had no sophisticated means of technology back then.

And yes, I know there are some who are suffering and don't have that agenda, but there have been people around the globe for centuries living in bad situations for a long time. Bosnian refugees also sought asylum. here is an excerpt on that:

In mid-February, an 18-year-old Bosnian refugee killed five people in a shooting rampage at a mall in Salt Lake City before he was shot to death by the police, who have not been able to determine a motive.

The Utah killings spurred Mr. Mahic and some of his peers to form a leadership initiative intended to help young Bosnian refugees on the verge of falling through the cracks.

From 1992 to this March, the State Department resettled 131,000 refugees from war-tornBosnia and Herzegovina in the United States. More than 9,000 were placed in Chicago, many of them clustered in the poorer quarters of the city’s North Side.

The multiple jobs that many of the parents juggle, combined with emotional struggles left over from the war, leave them little time or ability to understand the very American

Who and how will the refugees be taken care of here. Housing? Medical care? Food? Jobs? Our government will provide all this? 

Law abiding tax payers are expected to foot this stupidity and I agree, most refugees have no intention of integrating into our society.  I'm truly shocked at the disdain leadership has been showing about some very alarming consequences of these policies.

Respected Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

On an hourly basis Americans kill far more Americans than those who come here as refugees.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

We need to do better.

Read about the incident. The parallels are there. It's shameful. 

**********  Sorry, Smaug.....as much as I like you, I made a mistake in hearting this post.  I disagree and think that the parallels have a very different meaning now than they did for the Jews and holocaust.