Trusted Contributor

Re: The Economy is looking very bright again..

To the OP--Busy businesses don't mean automatic success. Restaurants are still seeing people cutting back on drinks, appetizers, desserts, and the cost of the entree. Malls may have people hanging out, but are they shopping, and how much are they spending? What is the retail occupancy rate? I know a ton of people in retail, was there myself until I closed my business, and what they report isn't glowing.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/29/2015 hckynut said:

The Economy is looking very bright again..

Hi Kzeks,

Sure ain't bright around here and in our state the unemployment rate is below average. Glad some think it is good because this old guy sure ain't seeing it.

Considering that the real unemployment rate is 20+%, and we have the lowest job-participation rate in decades, it's not a ringing endorsement. God help us if the world stops lending us money or decides to not park their money in our stock market.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Respected Contributor

No, I don't think the economy is bright again.

I wish it were. It may be better in some places, and good for that.

Overall, I don't think so.

Hyacinth

Super Contributor

On 3/29/2015 hckynut said:

The Economy is looking very bright again..

Hi Kzeks,

Sure ain't bright around here and in our state the unemployment rate is below average. Glad some think it is good because this old guy sure ain't seeing it.

I live in Nebraska also and I can see the economy is very good here. Unemployment rate is 2.7%, homes are selling, a lot of new construction going on, and many companies here in Lincoln are looking for workers. Malls, restaurants are crowded and just in the past month 3 new restaurants opened and they are packed. The economy is great here!

Respected Contributor

In my area stores are also crowded, people are out and about, etc., but I attribute it to the fact that the winter from you-know-where is finally over, LOL. People have spring fever after being holed up inside due to the record low temps. I sure hope the economic numbers look good as well, but time will certainly tell. :-)
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

Winter had nothing to do with it.

Respected Contributor

I think part of the reason places are busy now is because people are buying for the Easter holiday.
Respected Contributor

I sell commercial trucks for living- I can tell you that in our area, contractors are working and buying trucks, hiring new workers to drive the trucks, and this is the best its been since 2009...

Respected Contributor

Unemployment is down in this area. It's been a very long time since I haven't seen crowded parking lots around the mall and restaurants.

Respected Contributor

On 3/29/2015 Melania2 said:

Winter had nothing to do with it.

Not here either. I live in a warm climate.

The economy is very much up here. Crowded stores and restaurants. House values have come back. Job opportunities are abundant.

I should think people would celebrate the upturn, but interestingly, many can't seem to find their way to that. SMH

~Enough is enough~