Honored Contributor

I just heard that the current count of those missing after the hurricane is 2500.

The destruction is unfathomable.

Cat Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: The Bahamas

[ Edited ]

It's about time the Bahamian government came clean about the death count.

Up until today they've been claiming only 43 deaths.

But from looking at the devastation and from witness reports of how many bodies they see and reports that the stench of death was overwhelming, the world knew that 43 deaths was not true.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I just heard that the current count of those missing after the hurricane is 2500.

The destruction is unfathomable.

Cat Sad

Woman Sad

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I saw they were claiming only 50 deaths.  That isn't even plausible.

It's absolutely horrific what happened to that island...

Honored Contributor

Most of those missing ate probably buried in rubble and have not yet been found so can't be counted.  The. whole island is covered in layers of it.  The job of searching under every bit of it is overwhelming and will take a long time.  What are they going to do with all of that trash?  What about all the survivors?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The Governor and reporters have said all along that the death toll would go much higher.  There are several areas they have not been able to access.

This is so sad.  

Blessings to all.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

This is just so sad. These storms are just so horrible. 

Esteemed Contributor

The Bahamian government is giving firm numbers for CONFIRMED deaths.  They have said from early on that the count may well reach the vicinity of 6500.  No one has any idea how many have been swept out to sea.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I just heard the current known number of missing.

We are a long way from knowing the total number of dead and missing.  So many buried under all of the rubble.

I don't see how they will ever recover.

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

The Bahamian government is giving firm numbers for CONFIRMED deaths.  They have said from early on that the count may well reach the vicinity of 6500.  No one has any idea how many have been swept out to sea.

@Marp 

Exactly, being an island, I doubt they will ever know how many were swept out to sea, unless they base it on the # still missing and never accounted for in the end.

Sadly, they have a long, hard road to recovery and my heart aches for those that are 'stuck there', with no visa to evacuate elsewhere.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.