Honored Contributor

Re: The Bachelor ~ The Final Rose Chat 3.10.14 Spoilers

Five minutes into the conversation with JP and Nikki, JP said "we are done with this show." I'm surprised no one mentioned this.

As others have said, I didn't watch the entire episodes, I kept switching back and forth and when they were on the dates, I didn't watch them. Those dates are always ridiculous . . . jumping off buildings, etc., and I can't stand the loud sloppy kisses. Ugh. And, BTW, I don't think JP is hot, never did. Never liked him from the very beginning.

However, I did watch the whole saga last night. I believe the Bachelor/Bachelorette signs a contract with ABC to comply with certain aspects of the show. He may be in violation of some of them and perhaps ABC could sue, but probably won't (bad press). As far as the "I love you," I am confused by all the complaints about that because I've never heard that said by either a Bachelor or Bachelorette in any of the shows until the final rose is given. Perhaps they say it privately. I don't see the big deal there. And there have been other non-proposals. Brad didn't pick anyone, if I remember correctly. And another bachelor picked one woman, then changed his mind and picked the runner-up and they are married now.

I think it was mostly JP's attitude and complete lack of personality that made this one of the most boring episodes ever. He is a jerk, and I would bet his ex-wife was paid off not to say anything bad about him during the show.

My opinion of Andi as the new Bachelorette is that I have no opinion. I really never saw that much of her. She seems smart and she's pretty, so that's probably enough to fill the bill. I do like that she left the show after he was obviously rude to her on the overnight date.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

On 3/10/2014 SydneyH said:

The producers need to screen contestants more thoroughly, one or two have committed suicide.

Anyone who would chose to be on such a trashy show, is mentally unstable to begin with. That is all they get for contestants- mentally sick unbalanced people who would commit suicide.... it is the perfect storm for that.

Esteemed Contributor

Juan Pablo......arrogant

Nikki.....desperate

As a friend of a former winner on the Bachelorette I know they edit in order to get ratings. I only watched the last 15 minutes because I was watching The Voice.

Honored Contributor

There were a couple more from H@ll's Kitchen too......

Respected Contributor

On 3/11/2014 gazelle77 said:

The producers need to screen contestants more thoroughly, one or two have committed suicide.

Anyone who would chose to be on such a trashy show, is mentally unstable to begin with. That is all they get for contestants- mentally sick unbalanced people who would commit suicide.... it is the perfect storm for that.

gazelle77 - really? What about people like U that judge so harshly?

Valued Contributor

I remember Trista and Ryan many seasons ago. They are still married and have a beautiful family.

Personally, this show would not be for me if I were looking, but I don't see it as a 'trashy show' and saying that all the contestants are mentally unstable. While some may have some personalities that are odd (in our opinions), some contestants like Renee seemed very down to earth.

I wouldn't lump all of them together as being unstable.

Super Contributor

On 3/11/2014 Ford1224 said:

Five minutes into the conversation with JP and Nikki, JP said "we are done with this show." I'm surprised no one mentioned this.

As others have said, I didn't watch the entire episodes, I kept switching back and forth and when they were on the dates, I didn't watch them. Those dates are always ridiculous . . . jumping off buildings, etc., and I can't stand the loud sloppy kisses. Ugh. And, BTW, I don't think JP is hot, never did. Never liked him from the very beginning.

However, I did watch the whole saga last night. I believe the Bachelor/Bachelorette signs a contract with ABC to comply with certain aspects of the show. He may be in violation of some of them and perhaps ABC could sue, but probably won't (bad press). As far as the "I love you," I am confused by all the complaints about that because I've never heard that said by either a Bachelor or Bachelorette in any of the shows until the final rose is given. Perhaps they say it privately. I don't see the big deal there. And there have been other non-proposals. Brad didn't pick anyone, if I remember correctly. And another bachelor picked one woman, then changed his mind and picked the runner-up and they are married now.

I think it was mostly JP's attitude and complete lack of personality that made this one of the most boring episodes ever. He is a jerk, and I would bet his ex-wife was paid off not to say anything bad about him during the show.

My opinion of Andi as the new Bachelorette is that I have no opinion. I really never saw that much of her. She seems smart and she's pretty, so that's probably enough to fill the bill. I do like that she left the show after he was obviously rude to her on the overnight date.

I noticed that remark about the show being over and immediately sensed that JP was very happy that the restrictions and constrictions of the contract were over. I think that set his tone for his interview last night in that he was not going to be told any longer how he had to act or what he had to say. He was not going to be bullied by anyone into saying "I love you." Not that I'm defending JP (he's still an undesirable at any rate), just trying to see it from his standpoint. There's so much that goes on behind the scenes that the public is not privy to. I imagine the contestants must follow a script even if they don't agree with what they are told to say.

Honored Contributor

On 3/11/2014 HisElk said:

I remember Trista and Ryan many seasons ago. They are still married and have a beautiful family.

Personally, this show would not be for me if I were looking, but I don't see it as a 'trashy show' and saying that all the contestants are mentally unstable. While some may have some personalities that are odd (in our opinions), some contestants like Renee seemed very down to earth.

I wouldn't lump all of them together as being unstable.

ITA, HisElk. I would say they have to be adventurous and curious more than anything. I also think a lot of them have show business agendas that have nothing to do with finding "love." To me, after twelve seasons, I am still watching at least parts of the show, so something must be interesting to me. I never watched more than 15 minutes of "Bachelor Pad." I found that to be a "trashy" show and never had an interest in it. I'm not sure it's even on anymore.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

On 3/11/2014 Skylands said:
On 3/11/2014 gazelle77 said:

gazelle77 - really? What about people like U that judge so harshly?

not judging at all. Just stating a fact. No NORMAL person would be on such a trashy show. You would have to have a lot of mental instabilities and issues.

Respected Contributor

I have a feeling this is just like the Housewives' and other reality shows - lots of drama & storyline created by the producers.

I think the producers knew exactly what they were getting with JP and worked with him to make this season exactly what it was. Chris Harrison knew all along, too, and played along.

I think Nikki and JP were faking the "relationship" for the show last night. Just pretending for the show/producers until the show was officially over. We'll read about them "breaking up" soon.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent