Respected Contributor
On 5/26/2014 SugarNSpice said:

It starts with the parents teaching them to send Thank you notes and Thank you cards. It should start at a young age.

My business partners who have children have them send Thank you notes and/or cards all the time. We did the same, my mom and aunt did the same and so on.

I agree. From the time my daughter was little the rule was, she couldn't spend the money or play with the gift until she wrote a Thank You. It worked pretty well.

Super Contributor
On 5/26/2014 nunya said:
On 5/26/2014 SugarNSpice said:

It starts with the parents teaching them to send Thank you notes and Thank you cards. It should start at a young age.

My business partners who have children have them send Thank you notes and/or cards all the time. We did the same, my mom and aunt did the same and so on.

I agree. From the time my daughter was little the rule was, she couldn't spend the money or play with the gift until she wrote a Thank You. It worked pretty well.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Trusted Contributor

Our rule too nunya.

Super Contributor

That was ours as well, nunya! And no generic 'thank you for the gift it will come in handy' nonsense!!

Super Contributor

Besides being the right thing to do in general. I don't believe people in business realize how far a Thank note and/or card will go.

Super Contributor

i would be so flabbergasted that she wanted to send thank you notes, that I would make it as easy for her as possible...

I was beginning to think that only my family even did this anymore....

Super Contributor

If karma really worked, the people that can't be bothered to send thank you notes for wedding gifts would be the same people who had guests refuse to RSVP - and then show up anyway.

Valued Contributor

They know the address to not only send an invitation but a ""save the date"" before that

I don't know what bothers me more-the people who don't send them or the people who make excuses for those who don't send them.....

Honored Contributor

This new generation, does not send thank you notes, half the time they don't even tell you thanks verbally!

I sent a thank-you note to my Granddaughters (ages 5 & 18 Mos.) for the lovely tulips they sent me for Mother's Day!

Respected Contributor
It really annoys me when I don't get a THANK YOU note, even though it probably shouldn't in this day and age. And for the record, I'm in my early 30s, and I ALWAYS send THANK YOU notes. My mother drove that one home from a VERY young age. A lot of people were just not raised yo do that, but honestly, I don't see it as an excuse. It really is common courtesy. The I-don't-have-your-address thing is just ridiculous. If they can come to your shower and buy a gift, you can get their addresses.