Respected Contributor

Re: Tacky approach to informing your audience of Mary Beth's car accident

I didn't see it so I'm not going to judge.  Too many things are misconstrued or taken as they want to see it.  I do want to say that I don't think Nancy is the kind of person whose motive would be to use another person's misfortune to get people to watch her. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

I wonder, then, if maybe she just didn't mean for it to sound so 'cutsie' and upbeat, but it just came out that way.

Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

Yes it was tacky just like it was when qvc refused to recognize the victims and their families of the Brussels terrorist attacks that included Americans who got killed.  A condolence banner and a mention with a moment of silence would have been appropriate.  But, no they lack the class to do the right thing again.  

Must this be brought up again?  I'm not sure why you can't stick to the topic at hand.

Besides that, I thought you were leaving this board? 

Honored Contributor

@Deb1010yetagain wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Deb1010yetagain wrote:

I just signed in and saw the thread about MaryBeth Roe in a car accident and was immediately alarmed.  After reading the thread which had misinformation and not anything of real relevance, people pointed to looking at Nancy Hornbeck's facebook page and that she had read a letter from Mary Beth when she filled in for her at the LCNY show this morning.

To make a short story long there was a video of Nancy on her page with her winking and TEASING that you had to watch her on the LCNY show to find out some important info about Mary Beth.  What the heck? 

One of your top hosts is in a car accident and you use it to TEASE an upcoming show to get people to tune in (and hopefully more eyeballs shopping more stuff)?  To me this is the epitome of bad taste.

I hope Mary Beth wasn't seriously injured and makes a speedy recovery.

Here's the link to Nancy's page if you want to see the tease -- you don't need to be a member of facebook to see it.  The following is the exact text from Nancy's page

News....What is it? I'll give you a hint...Mary Beth Roe QVC. If you want another hint: see the video. 😉

https://www.facebook.com/NancyHornbackQVC/?fref=ts

@Deb1010yetagain

just curious as to why you said this.......what "misinformation" was there in the other thread? the main "relevant news" was that she was in an accident and that it is being discussed on facebook on several facebook pages and that it had been mentioned on air by nancy hornback where she read a letter from mary beth.

hey @sunshine45 someone said it was Mary Beth's son and husband in the accident --- apparently pulled old information off the internet

Yes someone got confused and it was quickly corrected.  Not a big deal.  

Honored Contributor

@Deb1010yetagain wrote:

Here's the link to Nancy's page if you want to see the tease -- you don't need to be a member of facebook to see it.  The following is the exact text from Nancy's page

News....What is it? I'll give you a hint...Mary Beth Roe QVC. If you want another hint: see the video. 😉

I looked at her FB page when I saw this post and I saw her short video.  I just went there again to watch a 2nd time and can't find that post.  Is it gone from her FB page?

QVC Social Team

Respected Contributor

I think it was nice of Nancy to let Mary Beth's viewers know why she wasn't there. 

I'm sort of confused about why it was "tacky"

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Deb1010yetagain wrote:

I looked at her FB page when I saw this post and I saw her short video.  I just went there again to watch a 2nd time and can't find that post.  Is it gone from her FB page?

Yeah that link the OP posted takes you to NH's FB page and not the video.  I too wonder if it got pulled?

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Deb1010yetagain wrote:

It indeed is GONE from her FB page!

Trusted Contributor

Tacky?  Just goes to show y'all how far "social media" has taken over.