Respected Contributor

Re: TASK FORCE ANNOUNCING ADDITIONAL "MEDICAL STATIONS" FOR HARDEST HIT STATES

@RoughDraft wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

The USNS Comfort will not be heading to NY harbor from Norfolk until April due to scheduled maintenance.

The Mercy is heading to  Seatte and not California.

Is the Mercy actually on its way.  I did hear both ships were having maintenance done

@sunshine 919   Honestly, I wish I could answer your question.  I've actually heard several versions...that both ships need maintenance before they can embark and also the mention that some of the crews have tested positive, which is another wrench in the works.  

At this point, we have no compass that we can rely on.

@RoughDraft, on the humorous side, I told DH it is like that scene out of the movie Airplane.  Flight xxxxx is arriving at gate1, gate2, gate 3, gate 4, gate 5, and the plane just keeps on going.  LOL!   

On the serious side with the way things have gone, I don't count on anything until it has actually arrived and is in place.   

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

@pitdakota   Amen and thanks for the humor too.  God knows we need a good laugh and maybe several million life lines.  Heart

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

I just saw on GMA that the Mercy is leaving San Diego for Los Angeles today.

Honored Contributor

To the people that are wanting to limit what is posted, that is not for you to say.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@Oznell 

Respectfully, these threads about the ‘task’ group seem politically primed to me.   Going forward I will greet them as such, fair to say responding to them with a different view often results in the tapping of the BUTTON.

I failed to see the transparency you describe.  Recounting initiatives started by others (even though they have been up and running for a while) as NEW,  is not transparency.

FEMA may arrive and become involved in some projects, I sincerely hope they do, but they are not currently involved, much less intimately. The FEMA Director just spoke abut what they will be doing going forward.  I heard no mention of your “watchword” but it is easy to learn how FEMA  really does work.

@Drythe   Agreed.  Of course they're politically motivated.  Yet the QVC Mods continue to allow them.

In one thread I asked why this Task Force is still taking so long to have the federal govt. take quicker action to make ventilators, masks and other items.  My post was deleted for straying "off topic."  Fine, I completely understand QVC now. 

I'll try to come up with my own two-word thinly veiled term to substitute for the political names we aren't suppose to use.

If these posts were just a way to share activity or lack thereof, there would be no need to stamp everything as "Task Force," which anyone who does their own research can see is superfluous to the full truth.  Just like the post about the Task Force and the Google site -- the full truth is that was merely the Task Force stating what Google and Verily had done, it was NOT the Task Force's actions at all. 

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I am no longer watching the task force briefings.  Too many conflicting statements.  

Same here. The doctors don't have enough time to speak for starters. And well I can't state the rest of the reasons.

If the intention of starting the threads is to post positive news and facts, those can be found elsewhere. In my eyes posting them for any other reason is fraught with something.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"