Esteemed Contributor

Re: Suzanne on dancing with the stars

Without all that special lighting, we now know that all her health claims are baloney, she looks her age. She does have a youthful attitude and that makes a huge difference at any age.

Super Contributor

On 3/30/2015 colliegirls said:

She is probably worn out from doing ""it"" every day (so she says) after all these years.

In Sunny AZ
Trusted Contributor

On 3/30/2015 Love Roses said:

I didn't watch the show, but I will try to view it this week. I like Suzanne. She has made many efforts to keep herself marketable as she is in the business of being in the spotlight. Many ladies wish they could look so cute at her age but will never achieve it. Instead, the green eyed monster appears and only makes them look more monsterous.

This!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

Got a chance to view on the net. She still looks fab for a 68 year old grandmother. I am sure that many don't look that good and never did, even when decades younger. I didn't take offense at her neck/skin. I think folks are just green envious that someone looks very nice for 68 and can still turn heads.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

I watch the show every time it is on and love it but I really don't know how you can judge a gold medal gymnast against a man with one arm and one leg or a 70 year old to a 14 year old. Just crazy...

Trusted Contributor

For all of her exercising and her equipment, video's, etc.,, her tummy protrudes quite a bit.

Respected Contributor

On 3/31/2015 humpty dumpty said:

Lighting is everything ...

My next-door neighbor died recently at the age of 92 ... he was a professional lighting director by trade ... he would come and sit with me on my deck swing and tell me stories about Bette Davis, Ann Miller, and others who would not make a move without him lighting for them ... he traveled to wherever they were appearing to light for them ... if there were conflicting schedules, they would change their schedule to accommodate him and would not let anyone else light for them ... I told him he should have written a book ...

How interesting! I'll bet he let you in on countless interesting facts. I suppose even he couldn't do much for Bette Davis as she aged; Katherine Hepburn, now that was one remarkable woman who I doubt had anything done to her face. (A book would have sold like hotcakes)

Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2015 Lucky charm said:

One thing I noticed that I hadn't before. After they get done doing their dance and walk over to the judges, they have to RUN up those stairs to hear their scores.

Suzanne was really out of breath to the point she couldn't even really talk, but she did force herself to. I don't think I would be able to do that at my age to be honest. That kind of dancing really is a workout.

Someone asked if she smoked because of the lines on her face. She was never a smoker, but probably the sunbathing and even growing up with a heavy smoker (her father) couldn't help. Plus all those years entertaining in Vegas with the smoking audiences can't be good for a non smoker's skin (and health).

She has the type of skin, pale and freckly, that ages, and shows it, more readily than other types of skin. She has great legs, wonder if it is due to her exercise apparatus that is held between the knees. She certainly has worked hard to stay in shape, or so it seems.

Honored Contributor

On 4/7/2015 HiLo said:
On 3/31/2015 humpty dumpty said:

Lighting is everything ...

My next-door neighbor died recently at the age of 92 ... he was a professional lighting director by trade ... he would come and sit with me on my deck swing and tell me stories about Bette Davis, Ann Miller, and others who would not make a move without him lighting for them ... he traveled to wherever they were appearing to light for them ... if there were conflicting schedules, they would change their schedule to accommodate him and would not let anyone else light for them ... I told him he should have written a book ...

How interesting! I'll bet he let you in on countless interesting facts. I suppose even he couldn't do much for Bette Davis as she aged; Katherine Hepburn, now that was one remarkable woman who I doubt had anything done to her face. (A book would have sold like hotcakes)

I noticed in the interview as she was telling her story, she looked so much better than later on after the dancing, must have been the lighting.

Honored Contributor

I've been watching DWTS faithfully and I think SS is doing a great job for her age. I'm surprised at the way her face looks, but I don't know any 68 year old who has a body like that. I know she says she takes natural hormones, so I'm sure that's why her body looks so good, along with what ever exercise and diet she subscribes to.