Esteemed Contributor

Re: Summer storms in january

[ Edited ]

If you go to

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/weather/klystron-9-radar.html.html

You can track the weather up to the minute in your S W Florida area. 

I have it Bookmarked on my computer and Kindle.

Honored Contributor

It usually is the poor people that have to live in areas that flood.Your lucky.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

^^^^ Really do not understand this post!

Respected Contributor

Obviously, that poster is clueless when it comes to waterfront property in Florida!!! At any rate, after Hurricane Charlie, there were a lot of people singing the blues when there was no insurance to cover. damage. We don't have a mortgage on our primary residence, but dropping insurance is the absolute last thing we would do. Every state has its weather woes and I have never understood those who think nothing will happen to them.

On the bright side, it looks like we will at least have part of the day to batten down the hatches before the next round begins: my heart goes out to the people who got hit in Cape Coral: they can't catch a break. It certainly looked very scary on Fort Myers Beach and South FM as well. Time to replenish our supply of bottled water: with all of this storm drainage, it's got to be a short matter of time until we get boil water alerts.....

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

It usually is the poor people that have to live in areas that flood.Your lucky.

I think waterfront property is very valuable everywhere, be it a lake or a river or the ocean. However, most people who can afford to buy waterfront property have the smarts to build appropriately - for instance houses raised up a story or condos that have open parking lots on the ground level so when a hurricane is coming you just move your cars and the storm surge just passes on through. Anyone building right on the water with no preparation for in case there is a storm is not very bright. For instance where we camp in the summer is on a large creek known for flooding, so we only agreed to camp there if they were able to give us a site in an area that doesn't flood. Thus we are high and dry up on top of a mountain, but it cost  1/3 more to be up there.Those who pay less to camp down by the creek probably are insured against flooding or their camper is old and they will just take the loss.