Valued Contributor

Very unhappy with QVC right now

I ordered Marie Osmond's Bodygym when it was offered as the TSV a few days ago. Just now got an email saying it was "backordered" and, if unable to get any more in, would be cancelled. How's that possible? I ordered it while still in stock--not sold out yet. The only possible explanation I can come up with is that originally I chose to pay by check, but a few days later, changed it to a credit card order. Method of payment should not make any difference, though. The order was placed while in stock. What's wrong with QVC not being able to keep an accurate count of how many items they have in stock. I am really disgusted right now with  them.

Super Contributor

Re: Very unhappy with QVC right now

I believe they don't start processing check orders until they receive the check, so you were indeed at the back of the cue.

Super Contributor

Qualityshopper:   I agree with you.  We hear this same story over and over on these boards.  I never understand why QVC will hammer us with hour after hour of the same item over one day, yet cannot fill the orders.

Honored Contributor

@qualityshopper

I don't blame you; that would upset me, too.  If you are showing a product all day long, then make sure you have enough inventory to cover the orders.  

Plus, its disappointing as I am sure you wanted this product for the new year and starting or enhancing your fitness program.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I ordered a blush from Laura Gellar (by check).  I was getting ready to send it the next day but came upon all these complaints about "backorders".  I will try to cancel it although I don't think you can.  Why wait when I can run to Ulta for the same thing.  I won't get the brush with it at Ulta, but I'd rather have something when I need it!!!  This is not a good way to keep customers coming back.  I would rather see them just not do checks than what they are doing now. 

Esteemed Contributor

Orders paid by credit card get processed FIRST. 

Since you chose, at the time of purchase to pay by check, that meant that you had to wait until all the credit purchases were filled first.

Then when you chose to switch to credit card payment, that meant that you had to get in the back of the line of credit card payments.

Sorry, but if you were going to pay by credit card eventually, then you should have paid with credit card initially.

Respected Contributor

That is a shame, and a sorry lesson. Didn't know checks go to the back of the line, but it makes sense, because many people don't send them after ordering (just ask charities--they get pledges all the time, but the checks often don't arrive EVER. We raise money for a local museum and this is what goes on. So you see how they'd wait for a check to actually arrive.)  I guess it's a tough lesson, if an item is a popular TSV, credit card is the way to go. QVC doesn't do PayPal, right? HSN does, and it's a way to order without a credit card directly, as it can draft from checking accounts or a balance. Sorry this happened to you. 

I will say, they may get some more in and often the non-TSV price isn't a whole lot more. 

Respected Contributor

They have no crystal ball. If an item is MORE popular than they guess it is, or if there is just so much that the manufacturer can run off at one time when they place the "buy", then that's all there is. There is no "infinite" availability or crystal ball in retailing. One has to be reasonable. They can't know and the public is fickle. One time, it's hotter than Texas in August and the next time you try to sell it, it's colder than Alaska in February. 

Respected Contributor

I think the issue is the paying by check..and to be honest it should be.

Money up front should be taken into consideration. I see many people on here "hold" an item with a check while they

"think over the purchase.." and if it is tying it up and making it unavailable to others who have CC in hand that is not a good manner of doing business.

Often times you will see something sold out and come back in stock ten days later when checks do not appear or somebody just decides not to send the check in...

Respected Contributor

No doubt many people don't send in their checks. Q does not want waffling about whether to purchase an item by delaying with a check. Sorry to the OP. It's disappointing.