Valued Contributor

Me too, Romary!

Trusted Contributor
On 6/16/2014 Peaches McPhee said:

You are giving her way too much power over you. Here it is, "several months" later, and you are still carrying this around with you.

I am not trying to be mean to you, just trying to make you see that YOU are part of the problem and the solution.

I know it's sometimes hard to look past someone else's rudeness or meanness, but I agree with Peaches' comment. It's hard to know if your SIL was jealous of your outfit, doesn't like you for some reason, is one of those people who is always making "funny" comments to draw attention to herself, or considers herself an officer of the Fashion Police. Whatever the reason, her comment was rude and unkind, but I'm betting you looked nice in your outfit, and I'd try not to give her the power to bring you down or intimidate you! A critical comment about your wardrobe choices isn't cool -- but it isn't the end of the world, either. Don't let the problem become bigger than it is. Don't let her opinion overshadow you. Since she's a family connection, I'd be polite as required, but don't go out of your way to spend time with her unless she turns over a new leaf. And I wouldn't expect your husband to rush to your defense over a fashion comment most guys wouldn't consider a big deal at all.

BTW, I'm short too! And kind of wide, if you want to know the truth. Cool

Valued Contributor

Thank you for your comments. It is hard to move on when your are shocked by such a rude comment. However, I have done so. I am polite and I am keeping my distance.