Valued Contributor

Thank you for your honest responses.........

Respected Contributor

Wear you maxi skirts with pride and smile at your sister-in-law and say thank you for your imput. I find that being nice to snarky people really puts them in their place and they are to stupid to know what you are doing.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Valued Contributor

Thank you! I do plan on wearing my couple of maxi skirts and I will kill her with kindness. Thank you for your kind support.

Respected Contributor

It's apparent that this is still an issue with you even though time has passed.

Since you won't let it go, at this point I would suggest that you go to the source and settle it once and for all.

We're all here to support you, but the issue is not with any one of us.

The direct approach is the best approach.

Good luck to you and take back your power!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

At this point,I think that she is aware that she offended me and why. I have kept my distance and been a bit more cool towards her. My intent is to continue to keep my distance. If she should loudly make another rude remark in front of company, I will not make the same mistake again. I would dare say what she did before was so rude that it caught me off guard. I guess we live and learn. I have learned to stand up for myself in the future. Thank you for your comment.

Honored Contributor

I had been a target of jealousy for many years. For whatever reason, it made me feel even more confident, and above it all. Maybe it's because when I was very young, someone told me that jealously is the ultimate compliment. That thought must have remained in my mind.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

Sounds like the green eyed monster to me! You probably looked adorable in your maxi dress go girl! And it also sounds like she has no filter. Like my sister-in-law with her catty remarks. I just roll my eyes at her and walk away. I don't waste my time insulting her back. Drives her crazy. Remember O/P ""Nobody on this planet is important enough to make you angry""!

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much Starlight 1. She is such an insensitive person. She also knows that the last several years have been difficult for me. I lost my mother then my beloved son right after he graduated college and I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis . The pain of losing my son was very recent when she made her comment. I guess she just had to inflict more pain.

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much Starlight 1. She is such an insensitive person. She also knows that the last several years have been difficult for me. I lost my mother then my beloved son right after he graduated college and I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis . The pain of losing my son was very recent when she made her comment. I guess she just had to inflict more pain.

Honored Contributor

Jealousy is an illness of sorts........very addictive and difficult to stop, even when the person knows he/she is jealous. They sometimes go out of their way to try to put a damper on your personality and life. It's a control issue, and, unfortunately they try so desperately to control their victims, that they end up, in reality, being totally OUT of control. Ironic. And usually, their 'targets' are very nice people. Very opposite from them, which irritates them to no end. If they would simply 'mind their own business', they would feel a lot better about themselves. Just look at it this way: They are secretly very unhappy people if they HAVE to go out of their way to criticize a nice person minding her own business. Just sayin'.........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).