Honored Contributor

New paint colors - background in yellow and the lettering in Black. Well, anyone from Pittsburgh can tell you yellow and black are the colors of success. Love it.

We can get Spirit air from nearby Latrobe, Pa airport to Fort Myers airport, which is near our home, and fly for $50 I am told by some folks here at the campground.

Honored Contributor

Spirit has to be the worst airline I have ever flown, we flew them from NY to Myrtle Beach a few years ago. We a series of delays and it was just a horrible experience, I would never fly them again.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor
I fly every week - sometimes 3 - 4 flights a week. Sitting in an airport now, as a matter of fact. My one Spirit Air experience was certainly a memorable one. All of it. Try booking on their website. Could earn the award for Worst Website Ever. Check in was like something from the 90s. Boarding worse. The plane was actually really nice. That was the ONLY good thing. Flight delayed, of course. No more Spirit for me.
Honored Contributor

So sad to hear that. We have a neighbor here at camp that flies between here and their home in Naples several times a year and swears by Spirit Air.He is who told me it is only $50. Since we live halfway between Ft Myers and Sarasota it is little difference which one we use.

Super Contributor

Yes, It's cheap but you get what you pay for. The have no customer service and they charge you a lot for bags, even carry ons. However, if you are paying for just the convenience of shorter distances. It is a good deal.

Respected Contributor

My niece flew to Fla from the Arnold Palmer Airport. It was a tiny plane but she didn't have any complaints. It's kind of a hike to Latrobe though. The good thing is you can park your car in their lot for free while you are gone.

Honored Contributor

Actually, i just want to get there. I don't need a lot of 'customer service" as long as it gets me to Florida I will be happy with it.

Many of our neighbors in Fl. who fly there send themselves their "luggage" via UPS - they say it is much cheaper than paying the airline plus it gets delivered to your door so you don't have to deal with it. Since we go back much earlier than most of our neighbors some of our friends send their package to our house shortly before they leave so it is there when they arrive.

Honored Contributor
On 9/17/2014 bbluvr said:

Yes, It's cheap but you get what you pay for. The have no customer service and they charge you a lot for bags, even carry ons. However, if you are paying for just the convenience of shorter distances. It is a good deal.

Wed are driving someone to Latrobe next week to the airport. I love the drive through the mountains. Then , after we drop them off , we are going to Johnstown to visit an old friend.

Honored Contributor

We'd have to drive to Detroit to catch a flight on Spirit. That is the closet airport to us they fly out of. That wouldn't be worth it for us.

I don't personally know anyone who has used that airline because it's just not convenient.

Super Contributor

We had tickets on Spirit to Florida. After waiting at the airport for many hours, they said there would be no flight that day. They thought they could accommodate everyone over the following 2 days.

No other airlines would honor their tickets.

AWFUL airlines. There have been similar stories on the local news.

You could not pay me to fly it.