Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I have no idea who Kristen is, but it's 'slow-talking' that will drive me crazy.  Smiley Happy

Omg there is a host on JTV that could put you to sleep. She talks so slooooowwww in this nasal, southern drawl. I can't stand it. I don't know how they keep her on air. 

Have you heard Wendy on JTV? She talks so fast and with a high pitched nasal voice it is unreal. Most of the time I have no idea what she is saying. It is awful! Woman HappyHeart I believe it is her sister Heidi that you speak of with the slow southern drawl. From one extreme to the other.Woman LOL

Your comment made me laugh, @happygolfcartrider! 😀  I'm usually pretty easy-going and it's rare for me to have to change the channel because of someone's voice or speech patterns....  but Wendy, when she gets wound up, is hard for me to listen to.   I can understand her, but I think I end up getting as wound up as she sounds if I listen very long.   I feel as if I just drank 'way too much caffeine.   There are several who speak slowly, so I'm not sure which one you're thinking of, @PurpleBunny...   but as a southerner I guess I'm so accustomed to it maybe I don't notice.    They probably sound like me, or my relatives!🙃

@dooBdoo LOL, I am southern born and bred myself so the slow southern drawl does  not bother me either. The fast talkers don't really bother me either, it is the nasal helium voices with it that gets to me.

Have a great southern day! Woman Happy

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

PurpleBunny wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

happygolfcartrider wrote:

PurpleBunny wrote:

Omg there is a host on JTV that could put you to sleep. She talks so slooooowwww in this nasal, southern drawl. I can't stand it. I don't know how they keep her on air. 

Have you heard Wendy on JTV? She talks so fast and with a high pitched nasal voice it is unreal. Most of the time I have no idea what she is saying. It is awful! Woman HappyHeart I believe it is her sister Heidi that you speak of with the slow southern drawl. From one extreme to the other.Woman LOL

Your comment made me laugh, @happygolfcartrider! 😀  I'm usually pretty easy-going and it's rare for me to have to change the channel because of someone's voice or speech patterns....  but Wendy, when she gets wound up, is hard for me to listen to.   I can understand her, but I think I end up getting as wound up as she sounds if I listen very long.   I feel as if I just drank 'way too much caffeine.   There are several who speak slowly, so I'm not sure which one you're thinking of, @PurpleBunny...   but as a southerner I guess I'm so accustomed to it maybe I don't notice.    They probably sound like me, or my relatives!🙃

It's not the accent that bothers me, they all have accents. It's the PACE of her speaking that drives me nuts. And the nasal tone. Not made for tv. 

I understand, @PurpleBunny.   Most of the folks I grew up with had both the slow drawl and the accent.    The nasal twang not so much (that's hard for me to listen to).   I learned from living and working as an adult in so many of the states from Texas to Virginia and everything in between...  that the accent has really wide variations.   I have sort of a hybrid southern accent, I suppose.   I agree with others who wonder about what seems to be a lack of formal training in public speaking with some show hosts on the various channels.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

dooBdoo wrote:

PurpleBunny wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

I have no idea who Kristen is, but it's 'slow-talking' that will drive me crazy.  Smiley Happy

@dooBdoo LOL, I am southern born and bred myself so the slow southern drawl does  not bother me either. The fast talkers don't really bother me either, it is the nasal helium voices with it that gets to me.

Have a great southern day! Woman Happy

😀Nasal helium voices!   Funny... and good description.   It reminds me of the cartoon chipmunks!  

Thanks, you have a great one, too!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Kerstin Lindquist

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

@Zita. Think she and JT drink the same "energy drink" before air time.