Esteemed Contributor

Re: Something is definetly going on with our weather anymore.....

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Whether or not you believe in Climate Change.....something is definetly going on...

June was the 3 wettest month for us here in the Northeast with only 6 days that it didn't rain. Temps the last couple days in the high 60's and low 70's. Then you have the drought in Arizona, New Mexico and California....the heat in Washington and the west. How about all the cold and snow on the East coast this past winter?How

Such extreme weather conditions everywhere.....

I am not getting into the climate change/global warming debate. Have lived all of my 76 years here in Nebraska and learned at a very young age, and heard it first from my  mom. "If you don't like the weather here, wait X amount of time and it will change."

Over all, going back to my childhood in the 1940's I have seen all kinds of extreme weather changes. Warmer winters with tons of snow, some with cold weather and little snow. 

Public Housing Projects, where I was born and lived till age 14? No such thing as AC, and most families couldn't even afford a fan. Some super hot years with lots of rain, some super hot with no rain.

I see no difference in our weather patterns where I have lived my whole life, from the 1940's through now, the 21st century.

Everyone can feel free and say how much it has changed, from my many decades of living here in the center of the Country? I ain't seeing any differencel

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Our weather has been dreadful here in Ohio.  We've had only a couple days so far when it was in the upper 80's and that was very early in the spring when it shouldn't have been that warm.

Now our weather is cool and we've had rain, rain and more rain.  Our grass needs to be cut something awful but our yard is like a swamp.  A couple of my planters are shot from getting way too much water and my neighbors garden is a total loss.

Our high temps have only been in the mid-60's for the last several days.  Today's high is supposed to be 69, same for tomorrow. 

At least for right now they have changed the weekend forecast.  It is now supposed to be sunny and 80.

I live in Northeast Ohio also, 75 miles south of Cleveland. June was cool and rainy, and now the 1st day of July is cool but at least it's not raining. I am so ready for some sunshine and warmth. The only good thing is that we haven't had to run our A/C hardly at all yet this year, and that is good news as I love open windows and fresh air, but also our electric bill is a lot less than this time last year.

Honored Contributor

The climate where I've lived for some 36 years has changed remarkably over the past 10 years or so.  

I stayed up here many years ago because I LOVED the weather.  There were only about two weeks of really hot in August and many months of cold, winter, and snow.  That was my thing.  Plus it's an arid climate.  My asthma cannot handle hot and humid together, like AT ALL.

FF to now - I cannot remember when it's ever been 100 degrees in June.  I can't remember ever seeing bugs, including flies (grossest thing on the planet except for egg salad), and bees (they terrify me) in JANUARY!  Gadzooks, what's next?  Will we have fleas up here?  I hope that never happens.

Anyway, last winter was deadsville.  Very little cold and about two times it snowed maybe 1 to 2" and that was the extent of it.  Now we have many months of hot.  I cannot tolerate heat anymore so I'm getting sick a lot more.  Can't move at this point.  

Ok, end of whine.  Smiley Happy  Thanks for listening - or not, that's ok too.

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Whether or not you believe in Climate Change.....something is definetly going on...

June was the 3 wettest month for us here in the Northeast with only 6 days that it didn't rain. Temps the last couple days in the high 60's and low 70's. Then you have the drought in Arizona, New Mexico and California....the heat in Washington and the west. How about all the cold and snow on the East coast this past winter?How

Such extreme weather conditions everywhere.....

I am not getting into the climate change/global warming debate. Have lived all of my 76 years here in Nebraska and learned at a very young age, and heard it first from my  mom. "If you don't like the weather here, wait X amount of time and it will change."

Over all, going back to my childhoodnin the 1940's I have seen all kinds of extreme weather changes. Warmer winters with tons of snow, some with cold weather and little snow. 

Public Housing Projects, where I was born and lived till age 14? No such thing as AC, and most families couldn't even afford a fan. Some super hot years with lots of rain, some super hot with no rain.

I see no difference in our weather patterns where I have lived my whole life, from the 1940's through now, the 21st century.

Everyone can feel free and say how much it has changed, from my many decades of living here in the center of the Country? I ain't seeing any differencel

They have only tracked the weather for about 100 years, so I don't know. But I do think we need to do a better job with pollution

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Its not all that new or unusual. The weather is cyclical. Every few years it appears to go through cycles in clumps like this. I think when it gets further apart, we just tend to focus on it more as science and weather forecasters emphasis it .

Also, the Armageddon philosophers love to call attention to it when predicting the coming of the end of the world.

Not to say there are major climate changes we are going through with global warming and such. I'm just saying that sometimes these groupings of severe national (and worldwide weather) get our attention , run their course, subside until the next cycle occurs. it could be even years before it happens the same way again.

But who knows, everything is new each day, and they always say nothing ever stays the same!

It is interesting you should mention the Armageddon philosophers.   The curious thing is that many things are starting to come together close to the same time....not just weather related.  I don't know how far away it is..... but I have done deep studies on this for 5 years and something is definitely in the air. Since I have done these studies, I have found out some astounding things...which I can't mention on these boards so I will just leave it at that.        

Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Its not all that new or unusual. The weather is cyclical. Every few years it appears to go through cycles in clumps like this. I think when it gets further apart, we just tend to focus on it more as science and weather forecasters emphasis it .

Also, the Armageddon philosophers love to call attention to it when predicting the coming of the end of the world.

Not to say there are major climate changes we are going through with global warming and such. I'm just saying that sometimes these groupings of severe national (and worldwide weather) get our attention , run their course, subside until the next cycle occurs. it could be even years before it happens the same way again.

But who knows, everything is new each day, and they always say nothing ever stays the same!

It is interesting you should mention the Armageddon philosophers.   The curious thing is that many things are starting to come together close to the same time....not just weather related.  I don't know how far away it is..... but I have done deep studies on this for 5 years and something is definitely in the air. Since I have done these studies, I have found out some astounding things...which I can't mention on these boards so I will just leave it at that.        

Aww come on Jubilant. That was a teaser! 

You can tell us; we can handle it Woman Surprised

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@spud188 wrote:

Lots of heat records being broken here in North Idado,June is never this hot.

Not to mention the record heat waves in Europe, too.  103.5 FH in Paris today---a record! Almost 100 in London---another record!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

This post has been removed by QVC. Please refrain from posting controversial content to test the thread. :-/

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

hmmmm.

Maybe more are in agreement with Francis than they thought. But then I'm not Catholic or a scientist. lol

Honored Contributor

Re: Something is definitely going on with our weather now..

[ Edited ]

Our summers have been progressively cooler since the hottest one we had had in years which was in 2012. I don't like wakng up in July and the AM temperature is 56. Since it starts getting cooler in September, it felt like we had 2 1/2 months of warm weatjher. Now we don't even have that. 

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."