Respected Contributor

Re: Some Drs may refuse elective surgery if you smoke

What's next?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor which means it makes your blood vessels smaller making them less able to transport blood through the body. On top of this, the smoke from cigarettes increases carbon monoxide levels in the blood and this causes oxygen to become displaced from the cells in our body...it robs the body of vital oxygen.

I was a smoker for over forty years. My last cig was smoked in 2010.

Respected Contributor

@Allegheny, As an aside....  weight can be lost with diet alone. In fact, in my experience, diet is more responsible for successful weight loss than exercise... and it doesn't have to be by severely restricting calories, it can be by the right combinations of healthy foods. It may take a bit longer without the addition of exercise, but it can definitely be done.

Honored Contributor

Reading the link ,it also sounds like it could be an insurance issue.  If you get an infection ,or need  more surgery, because of your health issues, it will cost the provider more money to pay for your care

Respected Contributor

Seriously?  What was wrong with that?  I just don't get this place anymore. Unreal. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I was a smoker for over forty years. My last cig was smoked in 2010.

Congratulations, @SilleeMee!  That's a big accomplishment. I watched my dad struggle to give up smoking and it wasn't easy. I bit my nails until I was nearly 40 and it was hard to stop the habit - and they don't even have any addictive substances in them! I have a lot of admiration for those who are able to give up smoking, alcohol, or drugs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PurpleBunny wrote:

Seriously?  What was wrong with that?  I just don't get this place anymore. Unreal. 

What was wrong with what, @PurpleBunny?

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

What was wrong with what?

I mentioned a common dental issue. And it's gone now. 🙄

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

If you are referring to me @PurpleBunny  I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I understand it

I don't know if I agree about the diabetics. Blood sugar  can give some people a very  bad time, even if the do everything right. It can be  almost  impossible. for some people to get low readings. Thank goodness I'm not among them

Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

What was wrong with what?

I mentioned a common dental issue. And it's gone now. 🙄

I've been watching this thread closely and I never saw it. And there's no Mod thread saying anything was removed.

I saw you post similar things about missing posts earlier this week and observed the same thing - no mod post mentioning it was deleted. I don't think your posts are being deleted by mods. I think there's some other issue - maybe the software, maybe operator error, but I don't think your posts are being deleted by mods.