Honored Contributor

our high today is 14 and our low is -3. the snow on the ground wont be going anywhere anytime soon. i think this will be a long stretch of cold weather. the weatherman said today that it hasnt been this stretch of cold here since the 1980s.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor
You are right, in this area we are not used to what we call cold weather. I know I couldn't take the teens and minus temps -- hope everyone in those terribly areas keeps warm and pets too.
On 1/24/2014 Cakers1 said:
On 1/24/2014 kdgn said:
On 1/24/2014 Cakers1 said:

We lost power last night.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

I hope you had the means to stay warm if your heating system is dependent on electricity! Fireplace?

kdgn: We do have a fireplace but do not use it. The power is still out in places throughout the city. This is south Texas so the folks here are not used to such cold weather. Between the ice and the surge in usage, it was bound to happen. It went out around 9:30 and I finally fell asleep after 3 hours. I'm not sure when it came back.

It wasn't too bad - we could have gone to DS's house - he's not far away but the roads were bad. Just layered some clothes, and wrapped up like a mummy in a blanket. lol

hyacinth: Your poor daughter! Can she at least wear a glove to hand out the food/take the $$? I hope they would at least provide a little space heater for her hands.

We survived it; we don't have little ones; the family downstairs did leave, though.

Super Contributor

According to the MSN page this weather pattern continues on for at least 10 days through Feb. 4th.