Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

Hey all!  @dooBdoo .. yes, I agree on the other thread.    Also dealing with this weather.  Hot, hacking, can't breath and loving my flowers.  LOL  Storms coming in so hopefully that will help the pollen and the bushes.

Wishing everyone a great evening.  Off to heat up dinner and get jammies on.  Loss of sleep is showing on me.

@ShowMe... I got DD a Cards wallet for her birthday.  She loves it.  She should because it's a D & B.  Dang ... that stuff is high!  Give me the cheap stuff.  LOL  Hope you are doing okay.  Keeping an eye on you honey.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Preds wrote:

Hey all!  @dooBdoo .. yes, I agree on the other thread.    Also dealing with this weather.  Hot, hacking, can't breath and loving my flowers.  LOL  Storms coming in so hopefully that will help the pollen and the bushes.

Wishing everyone a great evening.  Off to heat up dinner and get jammies on.  Loss of sleep is showing on me.

@ShowMe... I got DD a Cards wallet for her birthday.  She loves it.  She should because it's a D & B.  Dang ... that stuff is high!  Give me the cheap stuff.  LOL  Hope you are doing okay.  Keeping an eye on you honey.

Of course we agree, @Preds!    Great minds think alike...  right? 😉   I'm glad you're enjoying the flowers, sorry the pollen is so annoying.   (sigh)   This heat is really worrisome.    If this change in weather patterns continues, we're going to be in a world of hurt each summer.    You got me craving ice cream, by the way, on that other thread.    I'm glad I don't have any in the freezer, because my will power is weak, weak, weak.   

Get some good rest, my friend.   Sweet dreams.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Hey Fluffs!  I spoke with @ShowMe earlier today....I actually woke her up from a nap....sorry!  She is taking it easy and won't be posting today.  She is spending precious time with her precious Mr. Lucky!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Image result for happy thursday meme

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Good morning, Fluffettes!  @loveschocolate,  Such a cute pic!    Reminds me of a dear little maltese my mother loved.    @MickD,  Thanks for the update.   (((@ShowMe))),  Gentle hugs.   @Preds,  Happy Thursday to you, too!   I hope you got some good rest last night.    Have a great day, everyone!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Woke up at about 6:15 this morning.......wide awake.  Had a very unrestful night......   Would have loved to get a couple more hours of sleep in......but it just wasn't in the cards.

Was having a pretty good day yesterday......even got a nice nap in the afternoon after my back door to my unit was fixed.....  There was something with the metal strip at the bottom of the door and some of the weather stuff along the side of the door needed replacing.  Gotta keep the bugs out......  Mick called me to see how I was doing.  We always manage to get a few laughs in. 

After Mick's call, I got a call from my chemo buddy.  I had called her twice and left a message each time to let her know I was thinking of her.  She was supposed to have her new implants put in, and was wondering how she made out with that.  She is the one that was supplying me with all my Boost......such a thoughtful and kind person.  So easy to like her. 

She told me she had some good news and some bad news to tell me.  Asked me which I wanted to hear first......told her the good news first.  To make a long story shorter, the bad news was not good at all.  The kind of cancer she was treated for was a very aggressive form of cancer, and it has appeared again as Melanoma......in the area of where one of her breasts was.  It started out as sort of a rash, went to her cancer surgeon, and he said he wanted her to go back to Dr. G......  He took one look at it, and said yes you do have Melanoma.  Scheduled her for a Pet Scan next week.  They want to be sure it has not hit any other place.  Then she is to see him after the results of that to discuss treatment once again.  She told me that she will only do that if he will let her have her treatments at the same time I do.......  She said after all, we are chemo buddies......  She has no idea yet what kind of treatment she will be getting.....whether it be treatment plus radiation, or what.  My heart goes out to her.  This is the reason I didn't have a good night's sleep.  Was upset over this.  She is definitely back on my prayer list. 

One week from this evening my sis will be here.  She told me yesterday she is thinking about what she will be bringing with her.  She always brings way too many pieces of clothing.  Have a few more things to do in her room before she gets here......but will be ready for her......

Sorry for rambling on this morning, but know you all understand how I feel today.......

Please keep my chemo buddy and I in your prayers. 

Honored Contributor

Hi, dear @ShowMe.    You're not rambling, not at all.   I love reading your posts.   I wish your night had been restful, but it's certainly understandable that it wasn't.    Your heart, mind and spirit were struggling with sadness and uncertainty.   I'm so very sorry to hear about your chemo buddy.   My heart goes out to both of you.    I'll pray for her and for her health care team.    Sometimes that's all we can do, but I know there's power in prayer.

Your sister's visit is right around the corner!   Try not to overdo in getting things ready for her.   I'm sure everything will be fine.   Hope you can get a nice nap later today, you need good rest.   (((gentle hugs))) for you and your friend.❤️

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Hi, dear @ShowMe.    You're not rambling, not at all.   I love reading your posts.   I wish your night had been restful, but it's certainly understandable that it wasn't.    Your heart, mind and spirit were struggling with sadness and uncertainty.   I'm so very sorry to hear about your chemo buddy.   My heart goes out to both of you.    I'll pray for her and for her health care team.    Sometimes that's all we can do, but I know there's power in prayer.

Your sister's visit is right around the corner!   Try not to overdo in getting things ready for her.   I'm sure everything will be fine.   Hope you can get a nice nap later today, you need good rest.   (((gentle hugs))) for you and your friend.❤️

Oh dBd.....thanks so much for your kind words.  She and I both agree that we have the best oncologist anyone could ever want that is taking care of us.  It's amazing when sitting in the treatment room how many of the patients in there are Dr. G's patients, and all say how much they love him.  Do not hear those kinds of thoughts about the other doctor there.  I feel so blessed that my primary doctor sent me to him.  Know he will do the best for her too.  Seems like there are some pretty tough pills to swallow here lately. 

I know I shouldn't worry about her room......but do want it to be like she wants things to be.  She knows we won't be going out a lot while she is here.  As, I am scheduled for a treatment on May 30......  She will go with me.  May even let her drive me home.  That is the hardest part of going to get treatments.  All I want to do when finished is to get home and take a nap. 

Haven't had any breakfast yet, so that is next on my agenda.......  Getting a little hungry.   Thinking I want to fix a couple blueberry waffles.  Just love those things. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

Ok.....2nd try at responding to you......first one is out in cyber space......

Thanks for you kind words this morning.  It was another tough pill to swallow.  But no one said life is supposed to be easy. 

Yes, I will definitely be taking a nap today.  Don't have to cook dinner, as Theresa across the hall called last evening and said she is making some of her delicious soup...... 

As far as my sister's room, yes, she will have to accept what I have for her comfort. 

I'm getting hungry for some breakfast now.  Think I will fix a couple of my favorite blueberry waffles.  Love those things.

EDITED TO SAY......SEE IT DID MAKE IT.    No, I'm not crazy......yet....