Super Contributor

I usually read the reviews when I order items. I throw out the best and the worst and then average the remainder. I have notice a trend where folks are wanting to rate the shipping and packaging. I think this is not the correct forum to complain about the customer service aspect of the item. I think people reviewing an item should stick to the quality, etc., of the item.

What do you think?

Honored Contributor

I can recall is years gone by where one or two of my reviews were rejected because I also commented on the packaging. That doesn't seem the case these days.

Honored Contributor

I ignore all those reviews. Even suspect some of them are fake - just people wanting to complain about QVC's shipping.

I already know what shipping costs, and I'm the kind of shopper who is willing to pay QVC's shipping IF I CAN'T BUY EXACTLY WHAT I WANT ELSEWHERE FOR LESS. I know how to add, so I never consider the price apart from the shipping.

Op is right - reviewers should tell us their opinions about the items. That's the only thing that makes a review worthwhile.

Super Contributor
Yes the review should only be about the item ............nothing else please.
Super Contributor
I think packaging is important too. I want to know my product will arrive in a fair state. But if the entire review is just about that, then this isn't the place for it. But I don't mind a review of the product overall, then a sentence or two about packaging. If it's a company that I haven't used before, then comments about shipping/packaging are just as important as product review to me.
Honored Contributor

I'm waiting to see if my one star review makes the cut, I doubt that it will. S&H is all part of the TV shopping experience, if your product is not delivered in a timely fashion or is damaged or not packaged properly you are not going to be happy.

Honored Contributor

If you're talking about the reviews here on QVC....let me tell you my story.

About 2 months ago, I returned an item, and tried 3 separate times to post my 1 star review....yes the item I received was that bad....each time, I waited a few days to see if my review would get posted. As far as I could tell....it was subjective each time. I tweaked it...and still, they would not post my review.

Then I posted a 5 star review on something that was a big hit with me---that one appeared online, in 2 days!

Super Contributor

I usually leave reviews but I've noticed that frequently it's a matter of personal taste. What one person might rave about another will call 'cheap looking'. This is particularly the case with jewelry. I have seen plenty of one star reviews.