Contributor

Rowenta hand steamer or Joy Mangano's (HSN) steamer "carafe"???????

Honored Contributor

If I were voting, my vote would go for Rowenta. It's a superior brand, assuming the one you're looking at was made in Germany.

Joy M's brand is a bit of a crapshoot, quality-wise. Plus, you know you're getting an electric item that was made in China. I think that's pretty much in the bag.

The German-made Rowenta products are great. I don't know if you're looking at a steam iron (as mentioned in the thread title) or a steamer (as mentioned in the OP), but either way it's an excellent brand.

Respected Contributor

I think Rownta's a good product.Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

I have a Rowenta and like it; however, I am not familiar with Joy's steamer.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Super Contributor
Are you talking about Joys my Little Steamer thing? If so, absolutly a Rowenta. That little steamer thing is only good for small wrinkles, more of touch ups. What about that new steam iron the Q had on recently. The name escapes me at the moment, but it looked very powerful to me when I saw the presentation. It was on a special pricing for a while at around $100.
Contributor

Rowenta for sure.

Super Contributor
On 11/12/2014 Lynnj said: Are you talking about Joys my Little Steamer thing? If so, absolutly a Rowenta. That little steamer thing is only good for small wrinkles, more of touch ups. What about that new steam iron the Q had on recently. The name escapes me at the moment, but it looked very powerful to me when I saw the presentation. It was on a special pricing for a while at around $100.
I just looked up that steam iron V32789. It's called Eurosteam. $109 on a special price. From the presentation I was impressed, more than I have been with Rowenta. I'm just not in the market for a steamer or an iron.
Respected Contributor
On 11/12/2014 Lynnj said:
On 11/12/2014 Lynnj said: Are you talking about Joys my Little Steamer thing? If so, absolutly a Rowenta. That little steamer thing is only good for small wrinkles, more of touch ups. What about that new steam iron the Q had on recently. The name escapes me at the moment, but it looked very powerful to me when I saw the presentation. It was on a special pricing for a while at around $100.
I just looked up that steam iron V32789. It's called Eurosteam. $109 on a special price. From the presentation I was impressed, more than I have been with Rowenta. I'm just not in the market for a steamer or an iron.

That was nice of you to check. It sounds nicer than what I was thinking of.Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

I have that Eurosteam Iron and it's the best! You can never ruin anything you are ironing. I had a Rowenta, that little steam thing and many other steamers and none compare to the Eurosteam iron. Way easier to use than any others and well worth the money!!