Honored Contributor

Re: Quit saying "It's so money"!!! Please!!!!

Suzy curlyQ...I agree with you about well made clothing.I see you live in Oklahoma and I have been there a few times visiting my son.I agree that the people there are nicely dressed and my son commented at Christmas,while visiting us,that people here seem so badly dressed.i think we have a lot of people that don't bother to get out of their pjs and slippers.Anyhow hi to you in the beautiful Oklahoma state.We hope to retire there as our son loves it so much that he says he isn't leaving.

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing QVC offers even in their so called designer lines fits the phrase "It's so money".   Anyone who believes that line is being taken for a ride.

Honored Contributor

Stop saying ect ect ect. Sounds like you're gagging on your phlegm.

Respected Contributor

People who are accustomed to wealth generally do not aim to broadcast it.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

I couldn't care less about status items, but with that said, why then would so many people buy LV bags at those ridiculous prices for a coated cotton bag? You can get a really nice leather bag for $100. 

IMO people carry those bags so others will think they are "moneyed".  There must be a market for those who want to look moneyed. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Valued Contributor

@Suzy CurlyQ wrote:

I like stuff to be well made, quality, long lasting, beautiful, colorful, soft, gentle, ect ect ect! But I will never buy something when you say It's so MONEY! What the heck does this mean? REALLY!!! And I don't want to hear something is worn in the Hamptons or Beverly Hills! Are these places where the nice clothes are worn? I see nicely dressed people every single day here in Oklahoma! Annnd I actually turned the channel the other day when my favorite host said the condescending "It's so money"!  It just turned me off to watching her at that point. I usually love her presentations too! 

@Suzy CurlyQ~as others have said....I completely agree with you! It makes me sick to constantly hear it from specific hosts, and vendors. We all know whom they are and I'm sure they've been mentioned. Someone with money can look like they have nothing. Ever heard the term "the millionaire next door"?  And others, that have quite little and can easily create the illusion that they do to ooworkers, strangers, even extended family as they move through life. 

I have seen it. I am a jersey girl and proud of it! Born here, raised my kids here. Half of my family is in the UK, I was raised there as well. Middle class on both sides of my family. Upper middle now due to lots of hard work & dedication on my husbands and my parts....we all want to give our children better than we had. But there are so many variables in this world, does it really matter?

I can't stand when they say this stuff on QVC or anywhere. But it seems especially agregious here. They try and present the all American ethic but, then this happens ~ "Oh-wear this watch and you'll look like 'money', "that sweater is 'gorge' and so hamptons, so upper east side", "that coat is just like my 'couture' line". It's all so sickening! And yes it's these hosts and vendors but, if administration really cared they would stop it!!

i live near a very affluent area of NJ and, everything within a twenty mile range is referred to that area. I've routinely seen developments, businesses, even medical facilities purchase the rights from the borough and township to use their zip code!

Downright obscene!

Valued Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

People really still say that?  It was a phrase that became popular back in the late 90's because of the movie, "Swingers."  I haven't heard this phrase on QVC before.

Yea...it IS kind of annoying, unless Vince Vaughn says it! 

Honored Contributor

I haven't heard that since Lisa left.

Honored Contributor

who says that? What a stupid phrase. Does anyone really buy into things like that?

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago I worked at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, BeverlyHills, as a secretary making little money. My mother used to say, "no one would believe that u walk around BeverlyHills with10 cents in ur pocket". No one was the wiser.