Honored Contributor

I bought the k cups and the groung coffee of both their coffees and I don't think it's the strongest coffee in the world..........it had a pleasant enough taste-but way over priced at approx. $1.50 per k cup and $20 for a 1 lb. bag...........

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Trusted Contributor

Re: DEATH WISH COFFEE COMPANY

thanks for your review on the coffee!  

One of my co-workers mentioned it to my boss and we were going to order it for the office.  He likes the "grows hair on your chest" kind of coffee.  I prefer mine a little milder.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catlover wrote:

I bought the k cups and the groung coffee of both their coffees and I don't think it's the strongest coffee in the world..........it had a pleasant enough taste-but way over priced at approx. $1.50 per k cup and $20 for a 1 lb. bag...........

Hi @catlover

I don't know how much K cups usually cost, but yes, this brand is expensive.

I got the $20 bag and agree it has a good flavor, but I'm interested in what coffee you know of is stronger.  They say the research shows theirs has the greatest amount of caffeine, what surpasses them?

Honored Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

thanks for your review on the coffee!  

One of my co-workers mentioned it to my boss and we were going to order it for the office.  He likes the "grows hair on your chest" kind of coffee.  I prefer mine a little milder.

@roeroe1005

I guess I'm somewhere in the middle Smiley Happy  My husband is like your boss, but  I have to say, I not only like the taste, I really appreciate the pick-me-up in the morning.

Honored Contributor

I always joke with my husband after we have McCdonald's coffee that they must put coke in it or something-you feel that coffee buzz............that's why people keep buying it-it's really good in my opinion.

I also like Emeril's Big, Easy Bold-has that European coffee taste and pack a punch! also very well priced at about .50 per k cup.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

Barista Prima Coffeehouse Dark Roast Extra Bold K-Cup for Keurig Brewers, Italian Roast Coffee (Count of 96)this one is also excellent-great taste-very bold, european flavor and strong-one of my favorites. Even their decaf, which I have at night is amazing-you would never know it's decaf-it's that good.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

@catlover

In many taste tests, McDonalds coffee ends up near or at the top.

Frequent Contributor

There are tons of coffees sold everywhere with the keurig name on the box.  Every strength you could ever want.

You can buy a My K Cup and put your own ground coffee in it - much cheaper.

Honored Contributor

People often mistake "strong" coffee with how much caffeine is in it. Strong/bold *flavor* does not equate to amount of caffeine. Bold-tasting dark roast coffees actually have *less* caffeine than medium roast; the longer the roasting, the more caffeine decreases.

A coffee can have a very bold mouth-feel, a very identifiable taste, and not be highly caffeinated, but people believe such coffee must have more caffeine in it because it tastes "strong."

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

People often mistake "strong" coffee with how much caffeine is in it. Strong/bold *flavor* does not equate to amount of caffeine. Bold-tasting dark roast coffees actually have *less* caffeine than medium roast; the longer the roasting, the more caffeine decreases.

A coffee can have a very bold mouth-feel, a very identifiable taste, and not be highly caffeinated, but people believe such coffee must have more caffeine in it because it tastes "strong."

@Moonchilde

Thank you for explaining that, I could not understand why it was being said that DW was not the strongest coffee.  I would have assumed someone would have called them on it for false advertising if their claim wasn't true.