Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC let me down big time

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I don't understand how you expect QVC to personally call you.  Not everyone celebrates Christmas so how was QVC supposed to know it was intended to be a Christmas gift? QVC has hundreds of thousands of customers so expecting them to give you special treatement is unreasonable.  I'm sorry you're disappointed but you did order quite late and were taking a risk.  I can't recall if it went into effect on the 19th or 20th, but not every item in QVC's inventory was available to ship immediately.  It's possible this item wasn't one of them.  Plus there was an additional surcharge of $3.00 if someone wanted the item by Christmas.  Did you pay that?  And really, is it a QVC problem or the vendor's problem?  If it's the vendor, you can't fault QVC.  So there are many variables to consider here.  The lesson to be learned to is plan better next year.

@JeanLouiseFinch

You also have to keep in mind that this is a "new" poster, so who knows if the story is even true?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would have been leary that something that was ordered on the 19th would get there by Chrismas and wouldn't have ordered it at that late date.  However, if I had ordered it at that time I would have checked every day to see if it had been shipped and delivered.

I don't think any vendor would have actually called you.  It would have been nice if they'd sent an e-mail, but QVC probably didn't even know about the delay since they weren't the ones actually shipping it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Then the complaint should be from QVC to Juniors .. if they provide

the vehicle .. with their name and reputation on it ... to take the orders.

and the supplier cannot fulfill those orders ... if they told you they

could ....theirs the complaint .....

Juniors is messing with both of their reputations .....

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I don't understand how you expect QVC to personally call you.  Not everyone celebrates Christmas so how was QVC supposed to know it was intended to be a Christmas gift? QVC has hundreds of thousands of customers so expecting them to give you special treatement is unreasonable.  I'm sorry you're disappointed but you did order quite late and were taking a risk.  I can't recall if it went into effect on the 19th or 20th, but not every item in QVC's inventory was available to ship immediately.  It's possible this item wasn't one of them.  Plus there was an additional surcharge of $3.00 if someone wanted the item by Christmas.  Did you pay that?  And really, is it a QVC problem or the vendor's problem?  If it's the vendor, you can't fault QVC.  So there are many variables to consider here.  The lesson to be learned to is plan better next year.

But my thinking is this, QVC sold the clearly holiday item, whether it's their fault or the vendor's fault they should have alerted the customer that the item ordered was not avialable, and I don't mean by form letter, which might reach her by the middle of January...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Gab1030  that is frustrating.i understand your upset and thank you for making it known.  it sounds like Juniors has bitten off more than it can chew and i am happy to know that. as to those who suggested you should have known by checking tracking, tracking is not always updated this time of year,i have found.  i have tracked items and thought they were  miles away only to have them arrive that day at my front door.  i do hope the recipient will be understanding - and i know that something arriving after Christmas is more fun than before.  merry merry and happy happy.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

But my thinking is this, QVC sold the clearly holiday item, whether it's their fault or the vendor's fault they should have alerted the customer that the item ordered was not avialable, and I don't mean by form letter, which might reach her by the middle of January...

@stevieb  How can you identify the cheesecake sampler as a "clearly holiday item"?  Unless there was a different configuration, which we don't know at this point, none of the samplers currently online give any indication that they are Christmassy.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@stevieb  How can you identify the cheesecake sampler as a "clearly holiday item"?  Unless there was a different configuration, which we don't know at this point, none of the samplers currently online give any indication that they are Christmassy.  

@JeanLouiseFinch Because, for the most part, they really push the Juniors stuff hard during their holiday selling marathon. You don't often hear about it other than then. Either way, I do feel it's incumbent upon them to let a customer know that their order won't be fulfilled on time. Have a nice holiday!

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch Because, for the most part, they really push the Juniors stuff hard during their holiday selling marathon. You don't often hear about it other than then. Either way, I do feel it's incumbent upon them to let a customer know that their order won't be fulfilled on time. Have a nice holiday!

Woman Wink

@stevieb  You too! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Gab1030 I'm so sorry this happened to you. This helped me decide about ordering from the vendor. I've been tempted many times, but thought the prices were too high, now I know I won't order from them no matter the price. Please try and have a Merry Christmas.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

EVERY year there are so many problems with QVC, their vendors, and Christmas delivery. EVERY single year.  QVC, please do not have your hosts repeatedly promise delivery before Christmas, when there are so many other factors involved. Cut it off on the 15th of December, instead of being SO GREEDY!!!