Respected Contributor

QVC Forum hacked legitimatly?

Guess it's legal but noseworthycorndish has taken over the Forum, wake up QVC!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Forum hacked legitimatly?

Looks like Accessories and Shoes were left alone. IT had a busy night. 359 posts? Busy little bugger.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Going in and posting a bunch of nonsense is not ""hacking"".
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2015 Kachina624 said: Going in and posting a bunch of nonsense is not ""hacking"".

It's called 'trolling'.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

It's also called spamming. Making numerous posts in quick succession and repeating the same text.

Valued Contributor

No matter what it's called, if I had that person in front of me, I'd flick them on the forehead.
Valued Contributor

Sometimes I think it's the same ""person"" under different iterations I get trolled a lot

Super Contributor

In Sweden there is a tv show called "The Troll Hunter", much like the "Catfish" show here. They track down the "troll" and show up with a camera crew.

Apparently trolling may not be just a silly prank, but can rise to something more frightening, like cyber-stalking. Trolls almost always leave a "receipt" which makes it easy to find them. There are consequences.

Honored Contributor

""hacked"" always suggest to me that classified or financial info is involved.

I'm thinking that the title is misleading now that I've read the thread so far. Truth????

Respected Contributor

On 1/23/2015 millieshops said:

"hacked" always suggest to me that classified or financial info is involved.

I'm thinking that the title is misleading now that I've read the thread so far. Truth????

to "hack" a site means you get in other then the conventional way....ie. registering for a password, creating a log in............bulletin boards are some of the easiest online hacks...................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo