Valued Contributor

@sunshine45  I think what happens is a lot of the host's become too polarizing. 
Stop drinking the kool aid of the host, and the channel is a lot easier to watch

Valued Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

I guess I'm late,to the party....what is the Primetimer Forum? I've never heard of it. 

@Effie54 Me either.

It was a forum with some pretty out there content in regard to QVC show hosts. Bad enough to maybe where the show hosts hired a lawyer to cease and desist?(speculating here) So the site closed the Home Shopping channel section. The other sub forums appear to still be available to post @Sooner @Effie54.

@Trinity11 

there have been a few facebook groups like that regarding the shopping channels and some of them have been shut down. they were cesspools with lots of defamation and lies that were posted by some to try and get everyone riled up. there are still a few left, but not quite as bad as the ones that were shut down. comments and threads were inappropriate, racist, phobic in many ways, and slanderous. 

have never heard of primetimers until this thread. 

not sure why so many devote so much time to trashing? the easiest way to get over home shopping and its hosts/vendors is to not shop there anymore.

we have so many choices these days in both our shopping and our entertainment.

It depends on your definition of "trashing." If you ever watch a spoof on Saturday Night Live and find it funny, then you might enjoy the Prime Timer forum, or at least some parts of it.  If that isn't your cup of tea then you likely would not have enjoyed it. I never saw anyone defaming anyone's character or saying anything untrue. The forum mods would never have allowed that.

Honored Contributor

@Suziqzee 

i find there is a big difference between "trashing" and "spoofing."

have never been to the primetimers, but i definitely know trashing when i see it in facebook groups, especially by the SAME people consistently.....bold faced lies, horrible posts regarding weight, style, looks in general, family, relationships, speech patterns, race, religion, nationality, and more. 

one is for comic effect and one certainly isnt.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
@Suziqzee
Maybe Primetimer had a chance in admin ownership?
I doubt also there was anything legal from the outside.
Trusted Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

I guess I'm late,to the party....what is the Primetimer Forum? I've never heard of it. 

@Effie54 Me either.

It was a forum with some pretty out there content in regard to QVC show hosts. Bad enough to maybe where the show hosts hired a lawyer to cease and desist?(speculating here) So the site closed the Home Shopping channel section. The other sub forums appear to still be available to post @Sooner @Effie54.

One in particular went hard after them. They were interfering with her business. 

Valued Contributor

@MG Chris  if it's who I think it is, she didn't do her business many favors by trying to control comments and reviews of products. Just my opinion of course 😉

New Contributor

Are they still talking on Primetimer? I'm trying to find them - where is it on the site? Thanks Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I never really looked at the shopping channel forums on Primetimer. But anyone is interested in understanding why this forum was shut down you can go to Primetimer  forums click on "guidelines" and scroll down to "inclusion policies."  Read this.  Primetimer forum is pretty heavily moderated. They will not tolerate slurs and language that is used to denigrate or make fun of certain individuals or groups for specific reasons. I won't say anymore but the guidelines are enforced and there must have been numerous violations for the entire shopping channel to have been shut down.  

Valued Contributor

@mmcc8877 wrote:

Are they still talking on Primetimer? I'm trying to find them - where is it on the site? Thanks Smiley Happy

No, the Prime Timer home shopping forums have been completely shut down.

Respected Contributor

Posters there were nasty to two QVC hosts in particular.  But, I wonder why they couldn't just eliminate those two topic lines and leave the rest?