Esteemed Contributor

Prayers please for poster NickNack, who had to send her beloved dog Nick to the Bridge today

See her thread "I'm worried about my dog" -- he bravely battled heart disease but other physical problems caused his decline.

She is hurting and needs us.

Honored Contributor

Re: Prayers please for poster NickNack, who had to send her beloved dog Nick to the Bridge today

Thank you so much Sammycat. I really appreciate you and all the others on this board.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Prayers please for poster NickNack, who had to send her beloved dog Nick to the Bridge today

Nick was blessed to have you for his mommy..all the love you gave him. I read your other post. You did the right thing letting him go..I hope when its my time I have someone beside me. He will always be with you in spirit, until you can be reunited. Bless you NickNack!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.crying}I got about 1/4 of the way through the thread and started tearing up so I stopped reading.

I am so sorry NickNack about your fur baby.

I knew when I read your post, that it sounded bad. I had a dog that stopped eating and when they do that it is very bad.

I am definitely praying for you today.

Respected Contributor

NickNack - I am so sorry to read this. You will me in my thoughts and prayers

Respected Contributor

Trusted Contributor

NickNack, I'm so sorry about your Nick, and send my heartfelt condolences. We've lost two "babies" in the past 4 months...the most recent was last week. I know it feels like the pain will never heal. But, it eventually does.

It sounds like your Nick had a good, long life and was very well loved. What more could a doggy ask. You made the best decision for him, based on what was best for him, and not you. And, that alone speaks volumes about the love you had for him.

Take care.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for your loss.
Honored Contributor

NickNack, I am so sorry for your loss...your Nick had a long, wonderful life. You loved your Nick so much.....a difficult decision you had to make. I am so sorry about the pain you are feeling. I always read "Footprints In the Sand" during difficult periods of my life. Take care of yourself, be strong.....(((((((( hugs)))))))

Super Contributor

May you be comforted by wonderful memories of your precious Nick. So sorry for your loss.