Respected Contributor

Re: Posting graphics with MALWARE embedded in them - Beware!

On 4/2/2015 YorkieonmyPillow said:

It isn't against terms of service to post graphics....I've never received any malware warnings here.....it's just common sense to protect one's own computer.

I certainly would never knowingly post anything that had malware. Not sure why CB didn't just advise me on the MM thread...........

Not everyone will read that thread and see the warning. Starting a separate thread with the topic in the title will reach more posters.

It's a very good *general* warning/reminder. The OP wasn't trying lay blame on anyone.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Valued Contributor

Is that a viewpoints thread? I don't see it....

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Valued Contributor

On 4/2/2015 Alley Catvocate said:

This is the thread [on Viewpoints]:

http://community.qvc.com/forums/viewpoints/topic/345821/thank-you-webbie-we-can-post-pictures-now-jo...

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. -- Oscar Wilde
Valued Contributor

Thank you... I thought the title was Moms Mabley... D'OH! LOL

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Honored Contributor

On 4/2/2015 Lion said:
On 4/2/2015 YorkieonmyPillow said:

It isn't against terms of service to post graphics....I've never received any malware warnings here.....it's just common sense to protect one's own computer.

I certainly would never knowingly post anything that had malware. Not sure why CB didn't just advise me on the MM thread...........

Not everyone will read that thread and see the warning. Starting a separate thread with the topic in the title will reach more posters.

It's a very good *general* warning/reminder. The OP wasn't trying lay blame on anyone.

I've been in and out this morning so I didn't see this.

Yorkie - I've been trying to tell you six ways to Sunday that I was not trying to blame you, or anybody else, for the malware.

Truth be told, I don't even know how many graphics, and posted by whom, were in the thread. As soon as I opened that thread earlier this morning I got the warning and got the heck out of there. I didn't feel comfortable sticking around and posting to it. Maybe I should have but all I knew was that SOMETHING in that thread had malware imbedded in it and nobody wants to be there when they have been warned.

All I was trying to do was to warn people because I know there are a lot of people here who do not use proper computer protection because I see so many who post about their computers getting viruses and malware all the time.

So, that's that. I just wanted to re-clarify myself and also explain why I didn't post in that thread.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you... I thought the title was Moms Mabley... D'OH! LOL

It was.

It's apparently been deleted.

Contributor

On 4/2/2015 SuiGeneris said:

http://community.qvc.com/forums/viewpoints/topic/345821/thank-you-webbie-we-can-post-pictures-now-jo...

That's not the one. The infected one was called ""Moms Mabley"" and I guess Webbie poofed it.

Honored Contributor

I never click on anything. I just handwrite/copy the link, and then go to it on my own, checking if it is a 'safe' site beforehand.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s. Thank you for alerting/reminding us !

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/2/2015 eloise said:
On 4/2/2015 SuiGeneris said:

That's not the one. The infected one was called ""Moms Mabley"" and I guess Webbie poofed it.

SuiGeneris posted that the ""Thank you Webbie"" thread is also infected. Said she got a malware warning on it.

It's still up and running.