Respected Contributor

Re: Playboy Mansion Up for Sale

I guess some sucker will buy it.  You couldn't give it to me.  I would imagine it will be hard to sell since that old coot comes along with the house and gets to live there until he dies.  Gag.

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

The land must be worth a pretty penny..

Barbie Benton found that property for Hef. 

And if I remember correctly, it's the only property within Los Angeles that's allowed to have a fireworks display.  It's an iconic piece of property.  

I'm one of the few on these boards which will be sad when Hugh Hefner passes.  He's a cultural icon.  Brilliant man. 

Respected Contributor

It's a shame that with all the money Hef had he didn't keep the house updated and in pristine condition. Crazy parties or not, it could have easily been done. It's sad to see such iconic properties plowed to the ground, but from what I read, that's what will likely happen. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe, some foreign billionaire will buy it just for the bragging rights of owning it & to have Hef as a roomie!

Blech!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

20th Century Sodom & Gomorrah............it should be torn down and donated to the City or County for a pet friendly park.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@brii wrote:

The land must be worth a pretty penny..

Barbie Benton found that property for Hef. 

And if I remember correctly, it's the only property within Los Angeles that's allowed to have a fireworks display.  It's an iconic piece of property.  

I'm one of the few on these boards which will be sad when Hugh Hefner passes.  He's a cultural icon.  Brilliant man. 

He influenced the sexual revolution.  I'll give him that.

Valued Contributor

I might be wrong - but when I borrowed the Holly Madison book from the library, I thought it mentioned that the mansion was owned by Playboy Enterprises and Hefner had to pay rent for the his bedroom abd those occupied by the ladies. Sounds like another TV publicity oppurtunity. 

Honored Contributor

Can someone have a life in the mansion, if Hef is parked in his bedroom? He will have staff etc. I wouldn't buy it, unitl he leaves.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CindyinNC wrote:

I might be wrong - but when I borrowed the Holly Madison book from the library, I thought it mentioned that the mansion was owned by Playboy Enterprises and Hefner had to pay rent for the his bedroom abd those occupied by the ladies. Sounds like another TV publicity oppurtunity. 

I think you are right, I glanced at the headline in the WSJ, it's on sale to reduce costs by Playboy,   I didn't click into the headline but what you say does make sense.

Looks like the property is one of the few left from old Beverly Hills,

Honored Contributor

Eww.....

Can anyone say LYSOL!!!!