Honored Contributor

Re: Pilates Users - Can I get your opinion?

I bought my reformer from QVC about 15 years ago.  It did not have the stand or pillow so I never missed them. If you've been using them at them studio and have become accustom to them, you will probably miss them.

Contributor

Thanks to all who have replied, I appreciate that all of you kindly took the time to help me out. Usually I am not this indecisive but I cannot imagine sending this back.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2blonde, we also had a sewer backup in 2014 after what they have been calling a 100 year rain. Our area was declared a disaster by the Federal government so I absolutely know where you are coming from.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MamboMom wrote:

I have been through 18 sessions of Pilates physical therapy for spinal stenosis and other age related maladies. I found the therapy quite beneficial and have been taking classes but it is pricey.

I have been considering the 5 corded machine that has been on air in the past few days and am looking for input from more informed consumers. I see that this configuration doesn't include the stand or neck pillow, do you think that these are necessities or just nice to haves?

TIA

I have the 4 cord Pilates PremierXP. Mine came with a footbar, no stand like my Total Gym. Mine has the adjustable neck pad, no pillow, and I really have no need for either the stand or the pillow. If I want more cush under my neck, I can cheaply improvise something.

Now my Total Gym I use for squats/power 1 leg lunges, and a few more specific leg exercises. This machine however works much differently than the Pilates.

I personally would have no use for either things you mention here. I did however purchase the Rebounder, which did not come with my PremierXP $249, at that time, model.

hckynut(john)

ETA---     I need to clarify the word "stand". I thought you were speaking of the "Solid Foot Stand", not the Pilates Stand.

I originally had the Aero Pilates Machine and it came with the elevated(off the floor) machine stand. It was a pain in the rear so I modified it to keep it quiet. It also had bolt holes that did not line up, so I ended up redrilling them?

My sister liked the machine and was going to order one. I sold her mine and bought the(on the floor) Pilates PremierXP, which is a machine I like much better than the (off the floor) Aero Model I sold to my older sister. She still has it and likes it. She is 82 years old now?

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@MamboMom  LOL, that's exactly what they called it (100 year) when it happened to us along the Lake Erie shore (10 inches in 24 hours). Hopefully, that means I'll be about 157 years old when it happens the next time!  They also declared a disaster area for our area.......homes near a river had to be torn down, so I guess I was lucky! 

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I've had my machine for 6 years and knew I would not use it as often without the stand or neck pillow, so I bought them and for me it made a big difference. If you have difficulty at all getting up and down from the floor or a problem with reflux, the extra money for the accessories are well worth it.